By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360, my saviour in the current gen

GOWTLOZ said:

Xbox 360 had paid online gaming, PS3 did it for free. PS3 had way better exclusives and more variety of games. PS3 had better looking games than Xbox 360. Still a good console though, just nowhere near 360.

Obviously it's a matter of personal preference, but since I don't game online, that being paid or free did not affect me. I also prefer Halo and Gears over PS3's exclusives, and visually speaking I reckon Halo 4 and Gears 3/Judgement look as good as anything PS3 ever produced.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 March 2018

Around the Network

Can't speak for the 360 but I had a PS3. And they share 95% of the same library and it's true, the sheer amount of games it has on it is insane, so many good and worthwhile games that it's impossible to play them all.

curl-6 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Xbox 360 had paid online gaming, PS3 did it for free. PS3 had way better exclusives and more variety of games. PS3 had better looking games than Xbox 360. Still a good console though, just nowhere near 360.

Obviously it's a matter of personal preference, but since I don't game online, that being paid or free did not affect me. I also prefer Halo and Gears over PS3's exclusives, and visually speaking I reckon Halo 4 and Gears 3/Judgement look as good as anything PS3 ever produced.

Personal preference is subjective, what is not subjective is that PS3 had highly rated exclusives in a variety of genres and hence the best library of games. I wouldn't say Halo 4 and Gears look anywhere near as good as GOW 3, Ascension, Killzone 3 and TLOU but then you might prefer their artstyle and I can't argue that as it is subjective.

bananaking21 said:
Can't speak for the 360 but I had a PS3. And they share 95% of the same library and it's true, the sheer amount of games it has on it is insane, so many good and worthwhile games that it's impossible to play them all.

Yes. It comes down to the exclusives really, which are a small part of the games on both systems.

So what are your #1 and #2?

MasterThief said:

I think its underrated because half of all consoles died statistically, the red ring of death was a big problem because it happened two often.

tho it was overall better than the PS3 because the games weren't a mess and didn't run well for like 4 years. also released a little earlier so had a better library than ps3

and then microsoft follows it with the console with the worst library since like the sega cd. 

Ps3 exclusive libary is both bigger,better and more diverse then that out xbox360.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

PS3 is superior simply just for all the single player exclusives.

Also i do wanne say last genn whas one if not the worst ever, waay to many shooters and to phew new ips.
This genn is well at least for ps4 back to the ps2 days.

My youtube gaming page.

xl-klaudkil said:
Also i do wanne say last genn whas one if not the worst ever, waay to many shooters and to phew new ips.

Too many shooters sure,, but even the PS4 is not quite on the combined level of PS3 and 360 that gen, still a ways to go IMO: so so many great PS4 games are remakes of PS360 titles!

PS2 though is such an amazingly high level of console that nothing will touch it ever. It is not only the zenith of Sony, but the zenith of home consoles as well IMO.

Xen said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Too many shooters sure,, but even the PS4 is not quite on the combined level of PS3 and 360 that gen, still a ways to go IMO: so so many great PS4 games are remakes of PS360 titles!

PS2 though is such an amazingly high level of console that nothing will touch it ever. It is not only the zenith of Sony, but the zenith of home consoles as well IMO.

As someone who has all the ps3 exclusives, and all the japanese games released+ prettymuch all the good western games i can assure you ps4 has much,much muchhhh more and better and diverse games then ps3 and yes even with xbox360 its still better,let alone all the games that still needs to come out, those silly comments of many games are ps3 ports/remasters is tottaly untrue tbh.

Then also consider the massive amount of incredible indie games getting released.

Ow and iam talking only about physical releases btw.

Ofcourse my vieuw of a good game could be differenr then yours for example iam at the moment enjoying akiba's beat quit a lot.

My youtube gaming page.

S.Peelman said:
So what are your #1 and #2?

SNES and Wii.

GOWTLOZ said:
curl-6 said:

Personal preference is subjective, what is not subjective is that PS3 had highly rated exclusives in a variety of genres and hence the best library of games. I wouldn't say Halo 4 and Gears look anywhere near as good as GOW 3, Ascension, Killzone 3 and TLOU but then you might prefer their artstyle and I can't argue that as it is subjective.

Ratings are subjective too, it all comes down to which games one prefers. I enjoyed some PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 1-3 and Killzone 3, but not quite as much as I loved Gears 1-3 or Halo 4/Reach.

Personally, I think a lot of people graphically underrate the 360 simply because it didn't have as many graphical showpieces as PS3. Sony made a strong push for them in order try to justify all the "c3ll" hype, while MS didn't prioritize them as much. So while PS3 definitely has the majority of the best looking games last gen, I personally reckon the best of both consoles were pretty much equal. PS3 was generally better at post-processing, while 360's eDRAM meant it was better at doing lots of high res alpha transparencies. The games that doubled down on these strengths exceeded what was possible on the other console; you couldn't do Killzone 3 on 360, but by the same token you couldn't do Gears of War 3 on PS3.