By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360, my saviour in the current gen

The 360 is a beast of a console. It's the system the PS3 should have been. Easily the best gaming system of last gen.

All the more inconceivable how much of a dud the One is.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Azzanation said:

My X1 is my 360 now. I have packed my 360 up and placed it in the vault of legends right next to my NES

I try to keep all of my consoles out and plugged in, to avoid them suffering the fate of never being played again!

I try to avoid the ware and tare. Thanks to BC in the X1 there really isnt a need having the 360 plugged in anymore especially since the X1X improves the performance of the older games too. 

I bought a used X360 last year and my thoughts are as such:

Pre-kinect 360 is frequently superior to the PS3, especially for select Japanese titles.
Post-kinect, PS3 takes the 7th-gen crown, no contest - in my eyes, at least.

Game installs and directly using flash media for saves though are great features that the PS3 sadly never got.

edit: and playing your own music during games. Love it.

Last edited by Xen - on 26 March 2018

MasterThief said:

I think its underrated because half of all consoles died statistically, the red ring of death was a big problem because it happened two often.

tho it was overall better than the PS3 because the games weren't a mess and didn't run well for like 4 years. also released a little earlier so had a better library than ps3

and then microsoft follows it with the console with the worst library since like the sega cd. 

Microsoft follows? Lol, like they ve actually done anything.

Hunting Season is done...

The same for me this gen actually to some extent. I spend like 80% of my gaming time on Xbox one this gen and at least half of it I play 360 BC games.

Around the Network

almost everyone in this thread seem to think the 360 was the best console last gen. i only had a wii during that gen so i dont know much about the 360 but i did buy a ps3 a year ago for legend of heroes cold steel series, ni no kuni, tales of xillia and few other jrpgs that are exclusive to ps3. so what makes the 360 more special tthan the ps3 besides kinect? what games did the 360 have that werent on the ps3?

Pinkie_pie said:
almost everyone in this thread seem to think the 360 was the best console last gen. i only had a wii during that gen so i dont know much about the 360 but i did buy a ps3 a year ago for legend of heroes cold steel series, ni no kuni, tales of xillia and few other jrpgs that are exclusive to ps3. so what makes the 360 more special tthan the ps3 besides kinect? what games did the 360 have that werent on the ps3?

The Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, 3rd party games played better as well (Bayonetta, etc).  From 2005-2011ish it was my definite go to system as well.  Won't say it was underrated, it outsold the Wii in the US.  The limited Japanese/European (ex UK) sales prevented it from truly selling well.

Train wreck said:
Pinkie_pie said:

The Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, 3rd party games played better as well (Bayonetta, etc).  From 2005-2011ish it was my definite go to system as well.  Won't say it was underrated, it outsold the Wii in the US.  The limited Japanese/European (ex UK) sales prevented it from truly selling well.

Limited EU sales? It did quite well in most of mainland Europe.

I've been thinking a while about getting a 360 to play the loads of games i skipped on it, starting with Kameo/Blue Dragon/Idolm@ster and Tales of Vesperia; but I'm not sure I'll get the same value out of it as the ps3 as I'm a PSPlus user.

Xen said:
Train wreck said:

Limited EU sales? It did quite well in most of mainland Europe.

I should rephrase that, It sold well in mainland Europe, leaps and bounds above the original Xbox yes, by limited I mean not Sony home console type numbers.   Not a slight against the system.