By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CDPR reveals Witcher 3 platform split and physical/digital split.

haxxiy said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Did you miss the part in my comment where I literally already said this? 

"Averaging DOES work for the yearly ratio of sales, it just doesn't work for how many sales there are."

What do you think I meant by that honey? I already said it so that you wouldn't have to write a long reply restating what I've already said. 

What would be the point to even mention such useless statistics, anyway? It's like those people who took the number of counties in the US elections to give Romney or McCain some sort of victory by numbers over Obama.

Anyway, you probably didn't even realize at first that you screwed up your math, admit it, you were just trying to save face on the second post.

Same with the jolly fellow, by the way, who somehow read it as a victory for digital sales, when the graphs themselves made it very obvious that the first year was much bigger than the others.

Digital will win in the end, and its inevitable. It's only a matter of time.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Errorist76 said:

I get the family sharing aspect. I mostly buy my PS4 games digital for the same reason. I still don’t understand why you’d care about how other people buy it. It doesn’t make any difference to you, does it?

I want GameStop, after seeing all the shit they pulled off on their employees, to die out.

Also, the only reason digital doesn't have more discounts and cheaper prices than physical is because the console makers/publisher don't want to piss off the physical stores, cause they might stop stocking your product, delivering a huge blow to your sales (a lot of European retailers stopped stocking X1 because of this)

Once the bubble pops, physical starts becoming obsolete, we will have steam-like prices in digital.

I’d really like to know how you come to that assumption. Why would it if there are no competing stores, like there are on PC? Wishful thinking  and unlikely imho.

VGPolyglot said:

I thought that was a stereotype of mobile games, rather than PC games.

That stereotype exists for PC games, you just have to find the bottom of the barrel users on here to prove that. 

Yes , that's why The Withcer 3 sell a lot , thanks to PC full of free to play games , that make people decide to but at least one real games once in a life times. 

JRPGfan said:
Wow, so on average per year the PC version accounts for 41.3% of sales, and the PS4 version accounts for 41.6% of sales. So much for PC just being free to play microtransaction games.

I think the overall total % matters more.

This game has clearly sold like this PS4 > PC > XB1.
PS4 user base is the biggest for this game.

Long tail sale wise?. because 2017 is telling a different story and trend now. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

I think the overall total % matters more.

This game has clearly sold like this PS4 > PC > XB1.
PS4 user base is the biggest for this game.

Long tail sale wise?. because 2017 is telling a different story and trend now. 

Hard to say in the long run... but 2015 to end of 2017... so far its PS4 > PC > XB1.
That could well change over time (in the future), because it does look like its now selling more on PC than PS4 (going by 2017 numbers).

Around the Network

What is it about X-Box players and supporting....anything?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:

Shooters, for their install base, xbox users love those.

KrspaceT said:

15% isn't that bad, especially when this is a game more popular in mainland Europe, a place where xbox is non existent.

if it really did bad on Xbox, cyberpunk won't be on it (which will be on it).

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Great sales for PC.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

More companies need to reveal this info.