By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CDPR reveals Witcher 3 platform split and physical/digital split.

source: https://pclab.pl/news77400.html

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I purchased it twice, digital on ps4 and digital on pc

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I see.

Wow, so on average per year the PC version accounts for 41.3% of sales, and the PS4 version accounts for 41.6% of sales. So much for PC just being free to play microtransaction games.

this is grate, i wish more companies would give us this type of info, it's interting to see that the game sold more digitally after the 1st year.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Wow, so on average per year the PC version accounts for 41.3% of sales, and the PS4 version accounts for 41.6% of sales. So much for PC just being free to play microtransaction games.

For averaging to work, all three years need to have to have the exact same sales. It doesnt work when the years are different.

For example, PC's 50% in 2017 is way smaller than PS4's 48% in 2015. We cant tell the average for sure until they give ratios to compare the years or give us sales numbers for each individual year.

If you stack up all the blue together, versus stacking up all the grey, the blue is ahead by a considerable margin.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I wonder if the increasing percentage of digital sales has more to do with and overall increase in the percentage of games being purchased digitally, or some other factor.

So glad to see digital out doing physical.

This graph also tells us that Witcher 3 had higher sales in 2017 than in 2016 .Kudos.

Also, lets assume for all three years PC was all digital for Witcher 3 (i know thats not the total case, but still)

If we go by that scenario, then in 2015, people on console bought 100% physical. In 2016, 71.4% bought physical, and in 2017, 52% bought physical.

And a small number of players probably bought the physical PC version, so those percentages are a bit lower in reality. This goes to show that Digital is taking over.

Another example of this shift is assassins creed. Syndicate sold 12% of its copies digital, while Origins sold 35% digital.

Bet with Intrinsic:

jason1637 said:
So glad to see digital out doing physical.

Why?! Main reason for this is deals anyway plus lack of early bonuses which came with the retail game.

Regardless...it might be understandable, but why would anyone be happy about such a development?

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 24 March 2018