By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should console-exclusive sites be allowed on metacritic?

Should console-exclusive sites be allowed on Metacritic?

Yes 31 63.27%

No 18 36.73%

Total:49
Masked_Muchaco said:
RJTM1991 said:
No. They're all biased.

Too many games have their overall ratings padded.

Even non console-exclusives sites are biased towards certain franchises and developers, no site is totally imparcial.

That's true.

There's really no need for any of them.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Mnementh said:

For starters: Legend of Dragoon would become the only game ever with a metascore of 100.

Yes.

Even as I have almost 20 games ranked as 10/10 in my personal list LoD would be the only one to reach 100.

Im sure none from square enix. Im sure no game from them would score higher than 7/10. Each conclusion, "not legend of dragoon 2." 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Yeah, I saw that 90. Kind of annoyed me, since it’s so much higher than every other score; but, I’m sure that’s happened with PS and Ninty before as well.

No

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

LuccaCardoso1 said:

There are a lot of console-exclusive sites on Metacritic, and they generally give way higher scores than the average for exclusive games. I've been noticing this for a while, but now I have some proof to show. Here are the three highest scores for Sea of Thieves:

Omg it's so evident 

But my answer is yes, I think everyone's opinions are valid.

Around the Network
Masked_Muchaco said:
Xbox Tavern gave this game a 73, Push Square gave The Inpatient a 5 and Nintendo Life gave Kirby: Star Allies just a 7, to give a few examples. They are biased? Yes, but they're not just a bunch of blind fanboys.

What do you mean "just a 7"? 

The game is at 73 metascore to begin with.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

There are also a lot of Nintendo-centric sure and a lot of PlayStation-centric sites.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

If it happens to all platforms than no. Majority of review sites are bias. If anything most reviewers have there own taste and bias genres. For example an RPG lover will always rate RPGs higher than some one that doesnt like RPGs. Is that bias?

If those Xbox sites gave SoTs 10s i will agree but they havnt and those scores are quite justifiable.

eva01beserk said:
BraLoD said:

Yes.

Even as I have almost 20 games ranked as 10/10 in my personal list LoD would be the only one to reach 100.

Im sure none from square enix. Im sure no game from them would score higher than 7/10. Each conclusion, "not legend of dragoon 2." 

But LoD is not a Square Enix game

And I have 2 games from them ranked as 10/10, both Final Fantasy, also both games that came after LoD xD (though they are still not close to LoD)

Maybe 3 if they own Nier Automata (dunno if it's Platinum or Square who owns it)

It doesn't really matter because the gaming media makes their money by advertising games to consumers. Alot of them are pseudo gamers like Anita. Any review done by an actual gamer is likely to be biased. Alot of games just get extra points for being a new entry of an IP.