By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should console-exclusive sites be allowed on metacritic?

Should console-exclusive sites be allowed on Metacritic?

Yes 31 63.27%

No 18 36.73%

Total:49

There are a lot of console-exclusive sites on Metacritic, and they generally give way higher scores than the average for exclusive games. I've been noticing this for a while, but now I have some proof to show. Here are the three highest scores for Sea of Thieves:

Yes, two of them come from Xbox-exclusive sites. The same thing happened to The Inpatient, on the PS4. A site called "PlayStation LifeStyle" gave the game an 85/100, when its Metascore is 59.

With all of this on the table, should console-exclusive sites be allowed on Metacritic?

B O I

Around the Network

As long as there are sites for every console that do this, it should be allright in the end.

Who cares? Seriously, who cares about Metacritic? We shouldn't fuss over something so silly. God put us on this earth to worry about more important things than if people express their opinions on a score aggregate website.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Who cares? Seriously, who cares about Metacritic? We shouldn't fuss over something so silly. God put us on this earth to worry about more important things than if people express their opinions on a score aggregate website.

Perhaps. But ever heard of enjoy the little things? This is a small battle I could loose a few minutes on.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Xbox Tavern gave this game a 73, Push Square gave The Inpatient a 5 and Nintendo Life gave Kirby: Star Allies just a 7, to give a few examples. They are biased? Yes, but they're not just a bunch of blind fanboys.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Honestly Metacritic should accept only my reviews.

I wholeheartedly endorse this statement.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

No. They're all biased.

Too many games have their overall ratings padded.

RJTM1991 said:
No. They're all biased.

Too many games have their overall ratings padded.

Even non console-exclusives sites are biased towards certain franchises and developers, no site is totally imparcial.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

BraLoD said:
Honestly Metacritic should accept only my reviews.

That's literally the only way metacritic could become any worse

all reviewers from all sites have bias to some degree. your major sites like Gamespot, IGN, ect. are no different.