By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Games you really wish worked/want on Switch?

-Nier Autómata
-Kingdom Hearts 3
-DB Fighters Z
-Overwatch

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network

I like the idea of Pikmin as a theme, but feel the games totally miss their potential.

If I’m ever going to enjoy a Pikmin game, it’s got to have more open world, sandbox, or grand strategy elements rather than the level based stuff. Even something closer to Little King’s Syory - which Nintendo could vastly exceed.

I would love something along the lines of Dwarf Fortress with Pikmin and a character to explore the world. The big issue with DF (besides the complex UI) is the adventure and fortress building disconnect - you can only be in one mode or the other, and can’t, for example, sit on a throne to give orders to your dwarves before going off on adventures.

Basically, I want a sandbox (Minecraft style) game where you order your Pikmin to build all sorts of functional structures to suit the expansion of the Empire you belong to while being creative. But with something with Nintendo-like accessibility.

I think the closest thing I have played was Little King Story, but it wasn’t nearly as sandboxy as DF.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

CaptainExplosion said:
alejollorente10 said:
-Nier Autómata
-Kingdom Hearts 3
-DB Fighters Z
-Overwatch

Screw Overwatch, we've got Splatoon. =P

Oh, I love Splatoon, but Overwatch would be nice too :)

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Persona 5
Danganronpa
Cuphead

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'm wondering if T2 will bring the original Red Dead or GTA V to the Switch. The system is on fire right now and GTA still sells well, so it would no doubt sell a couple of million units, even if it is a straight PS3 port. As with RDR1, they will eventually want to make a remaster for current consoles, so that is a great oportunity for a Switch port.
Other games that could work well are most japanese JRPGs (I'm surprised we're not drowning on old PS3/Vita ports of japanese RPGs just yet).

I also think Ubisoft is going to announce a full Far Cry 3 remaster for current versions, and it will include a Switch version. Maybe the next year, when Far Cry V's sales are already established.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Persona 5
Tales of

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Conina said:
Nuvendil said:
Ni No Kuni 2. It makes so much sense on so many levels, not bringing it to the system seems dense on the part of Level 5 and Bandai but then again these are the companies that quite proudly announced that the newest numbered Layton game would be a mobile card based game and have yet to announce a Dragon Ball FighterZ port so yeah, this all makes sense when you look at who's running the show over there.

Layton 7 was canceled (as far as I know) and Katrielle was a full Layton game with the expected gameplay mechanics. The rumors about the next Layton game also don't indicate any changes in the gameplay.

My point was the fact it was ever even announced demonstrated someone at the top has brain damage.

- Civilization
- X-COM
- Cuphead
- Persona
- Ni no Kuni 1/2

I likely sound like a broken record at this point, but really, I'm just wanting more JRPGS on the system.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
I likely sound like a broken record at this point, but really, I'm just wanting more JRPGS on the system.

Are you excited for YS? I haven't played the series myself, but I am interested. The reversible cover poll is so cool, I'm torn between #1, #3, and #6. Even though I'm not a fan yet, I would love to have these images on my wall. http://ysviii.com/cover-poll-switch/