By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should we become God?

Should we become gods?

Yes. 12 48.00%

No. 7 28.00%

Indifferent or unsure. 6 24.00%

Total:25

We only live short lives before the icy hand of death pulls us into oblivion, I don't think we should exaggerate our importance. The universe pretty much doesn't exist because matter and energy are such an insignificant amount of the universe its almost like matter and energy are imperfections in a non-existent universe. I mean the universe is approaching 100% empty and every atom is approaching 100% empty etc, the space occupied by anything in the universe is utterly insignificant.

Many stars have had a billion years head start on the Sun and yet we see no billion year old civilisations flying about between the stars. The universe seems pretty dead, strangely so. A billion year old civilisation would easily have time to populate our galaxy and possibly many other galaxies yet we see and hear nothing.

The other day I was thinking about ufo abductions and how people say they see small grey men with big heads, often blinding light and examinations sometimes rectal. I was thinking this doesn't sound like alien abductions at all.

Firstly aliens are small, large heads, weak, same number of eyes, nostrils, ears etc and seem to have followed the same path as us from monkeys that have climbed down from the trees and walked upright. What they really look like is future human beings not aliens. An alien world is likely to be a different size, different gravity, different chemicals and its rules for life would be set at an early level. They actually seem like future humans not aliens.

Blinding light sounds like when someone is taken out of a coma or just wakes up and open's their eyes for the first time.

Rectal examination and other medical procedures yet no indication of such procedures when examined later.

What it really sounds like is someone being taken out of a virtual reality existence back into reality, maybe the body needs medical attention and needs waking up. Maybe normally when this happens people aren't conscious but occasionally there is an issue and people remember parts of being woken up. The blinding light is just eyes adjusting after being closed a long time. Of course no indication of a medical procedure in their virtual existence as that happened in reality.

I just feel there is the possibility of us existing in a VR experience without us knowing it. Maybe life is boring in the future and people fancy going back to a simple life for a while. Also it would explain the strange absence of alien life elsewhere (not part of the simulation).

In which case we are our own gods because our reality is 100% a creation of future humans which we actually are but don't know it.

When you think about how VR has developed in only a few decades it certainly isn't going to be that impressive to create a VR world that we believe is 100% reality.

It would also explain stuff like people who believe they existed in a previous time because they did actually exist by being another person in a VR simulation previously.

My point is the theory that we are in a shared virtual reality actually works really well on many levels and explains many things. So we may in-fact be our own gods.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
We already created god in our image....we're half way there I suppose.

Perfect lol. 

It isn't really being a God though. we are just advancing in understanding and can do more things.

I only read the OP, so this may sound a little redundant, but let me say what I think.

This is a very good question. I think it is innevitable, we are going to reach that level. As soon as AI can self-improve, that will open the floodgates to an accelerated evolution of tech, far beyond what we can imagine at this point.

So, what you're saying will happen. Should it happen? That's deep.

My opinion is that it shouldn't, but let me explain why.

With great power comes great responsability. Along the way of this "evolution" it will become clear, very clear, that some form of control, way beyond anything we can imagine, will be necessary. So, it becomes a question of whether we should be able to be "free".

If we become God-like, to that level, then we cannot be free. We're gonna be controlled down to the most miniscule of things. Actions, and yes, even thoughts. This will come about much faster than we can imagine right now.

So, yes it will happen. Should it? I'm not so sure. I think God's creation was perfect at inception. We're gonna have to pay a price for that evolution.

bonzobanana said:
We only live short lives before the icy hand of death pulls us into oblivion, I don't think we should exaggerate our importance. The universe pretty much doesn't exist because matter and energy are such an insignificant amount of the universe its almost like matter and energy are imperfections in a non-existent universe. I mean the universe is approaching 100% empty and every atom is approaching 100% empty etc, the space occupied by anything in the universe is utterly insignificant.

Many stars have had a billion years head start on the Sun and yet we see no billion year old civilisations flying about between the stars. The universe seems pretty dead, strangely so. A billion year old civilisation would easily have time to populate our galaxy and possibly many other galaxies yet we see and hear nothing.

What it really sounds like is someone being taken out of a virtual reality existence back into reality, maybe the body needs medical attention and needs waking up. Maybe normally when this happens people aren't conscious but occasionally there is an issue and people remember parts of being woken up. The blinding light is just eyes adjusting after being closed a long time. Of course no indication of a medical procedure in their virtual existence as that happened in reality.

I just feel there is the possibility of us existing in a VR experience without us knowing it. Maybe life is boring in the future and people fancy going back to a simple life for a while. Also it would explain the strange absence of alien life elsewhere (not part of the simulation).

In which case we are our own gods because our reality is 100% a creation of future humans which we actually are but don't know it.

When you think about how VR has developed in only a few decades it certainly isn't going to be that impressive to create a VR world that we believe is 100% reality.

It would also explain stuff like people who believe they existed in a previous time because they did actually exist by being another person in a VR simulation previously.

My point is the theory that we are in a shared virtual reality actually works really well on many levels and explains many things. So we may in-fact be our own gods.

We can see the potential vast technological future and where we could end up with ease at this point in time already. Not to say that's the only possibility either. What do you do in a future where AI basically does almost everything better? A future where maybe only the top 1% of humanity at that point in time, is actually useful intellectually? We have a lot of "useless" people as it is already, just imagine something like 25 billion useless humans on Earth alone. Plugging them all into "the matrix", assuming their own choice, may not be the worst idea, especially if only some of your brain function was used for the sim and the rest was used for other more useful processing, like while sleeping for example.

Maybe in the future we can mess with time in the sense that an hour in reality is a lifetime here, and this is just a game or ride. Maybe WW3 already happened and we destroyed everything, and we're all underground in cryosleep living here in the digital world until the time is right to be thawed. Maybe we're in cryosleep because we're all on ships headed for a new distant planet, because Earth is toast or just full. Maybe this is jail in the future, and we're all simply "doing time", a 100 year sentence.

On a separate note, in a future where almost anything is possible, I would most certainly like to go back in time, at least a few times, and make changes in my life and see how it ends up. Hopefully being able to "unplug" at any time, just in case. Which also makes me think that's what this could be, with the knowledge of the past being subliminal, which explains deja vu, but you have to remain until you "naturally" die to "unplug".

Then again, maybe it's all real as it get's and we're just curious creatures.

Should we do it? This universe created stars, which created planets, which created us, so whatever we create, is par for the course.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
No we shouldn't and I doubt God would let us.

The guy doesn't like competition or maybe he's too selfish to share his blissful divinity with his creation...

Imo no, I don't trust humanity with power of gods. We have one God and thats good enough imo.

John2290 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Eh?
No, thanks. Being immortal does not seem fun.

I agree that dying naturally is the way to go but to your point Being immortal is more fun than being dead. You can't have fun with 6 feet of dirt ontop of you.

It would be sad to see everyone you love die, and then again, and again, and again...... I think the afterlife, whatever people believe it to be, could be fun.

The problem is , you are born as human and will be dead in near future , God is not created but is exist eternally without created. God does not born or dead, nor live on the time and space and have the same concept like us.

John2290 said:
Rogerioandrade said:

It would be sad to see everyone you love die, and then again, and again, and again...... I think the afterlife, whatever people believe it to be, could be fun.

What if this is the afterlife to get away from the real life...hmm. Hammer, nail, bang.

Well... if that´s the case,  then... why are we suffering in these physical dying bodies ?.... is this hell after all? 

Interesting concept, though.