By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should we become God?

Should we become gods?

Yes. 12 48.00%

No. 7 28.00%

Indifferent or unsure. 6 24.00%

Total:25

What does being God entail? We already have the ability to reproduce, so essentially we are God in the matter that we can create living beings. However, as for being omnipotent, I don't trust anyone with that much power.

Around the Network

No we shouldn't and I doubt God would let us.

If we are God we already know the answer to this.

Hmm, pie.

We already created god in our image....we're half way there I suppose.

Yeeeaaaaaaeeeeeessssss!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
John2290 said:
COKTOE said:
Yeeeaaaaaaeeeeeessssss!

But whyyyyyyyyyy?

We could marry our cousins.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

pretty sure ancient civilizations from all the way back in 4000BC would think of us as gods, and people from 100 years ago would think of us as wizards.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 23 March 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

If we avoid extinction in next two hundred years I think it is inevitable that humans ascend all the aspects of life that restrain us. The real question is what we should do with our new abilities. My hope would be a focus on exploration and peace, but my fear is it would be used to stratify our species and enshrined exploitation of the majority.

I think Altered Carbon shows how without a shift in mindset immortality will cause us to stagnate because status quo will be preferred as any change could upset the balance.

John2290 said:
COKTOE said:

We could marry our cousins.

Hmm. Well, you've won me over. Set us all up with your cousins and we'll never need to advance as a society, i hope they consent.

No, so we can marry our OWN cousins!

I don't care, I'm dead by then anyway.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.