By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:
Breath of the Wild.

It wasn't even the best game to come out in 2017, much less the greatest game ever made as many have called it.

It's also a Nintendo game.

Potato Hamster thinks all Nintendo Games are overrated

Rol thinks all Non-Nintendo games are overrated.

Opposites attract, I ship it.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
RolStoppable said:

It's also a Nintendo game.

Potato Hamster thinks all Nintendo Games are overrated

That would be a negative. I've spent far more on Nintendo hardware and games for my Switch in the past year than I have on my PS4 in the last two years.

The Last of Us, great but flawed game.

Barkley said:
GoOnKid said:

The Last of us. ... The story is actually quite lame with a stupid and unsatisfying ending...

The whole journey takes place only because they want to reach the Fireflys to help creating a cure but then in the last level he suddenly changes his mind, kills everyone and escapes with her just so he can keep travelling around with her for no reason at all but just because he likes it that way. This is just random, goes against the entire purpose of the whole game and is pure selfishness. I don't know what's to like here.

Now you will say I simply didn't get it. Okay then.

Tie:

Mario Kart 8 for the WiiU. I was super hyped for the game since it was announced and very let down with the full game. The multiplayer both online and off was boring to bad and while pretty, the graphics didn't really push the game forward.  Did no one in development play Mario Kart Double Dash?  It's a much, much better game

The Last of Us. Reviews were high, it faired well on every forum - but gameplay speaking, it was a joy to reach a cutscene, but tedious to get there with severely average gameplay. I ended up watching it on YouTube with just the cutscenes and I enjoyed the story - playing the game, not so much.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Barkley said:

The whole journey takes place only because they want to reach the Fireflys to help creating a cure but then in the last level he suddenly changes his mind, kills everyone and escapes with her just so he can keep travelling around with her for no reason at all but just because he likes it that way. This is just random, goes against the entire purpose of the whole game and is pure selfishness. I don't know what's to like here.

Last of Us Spoilers:

He changes his mind because he didn't know it would require Ellie to die prior to reaching their destination. By the end of the game Ellie is like a daughter to him, and he couldn't bare to lose another "daughter". Yes it is mostly selfish, that's the point, but there's nothing random about it at all.

GoOnKid said:
Barkley said:

I take it you're not a parent?

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said: 

One Nintendo game, one Switch Exclusive third party game, and one PS4 game.

So, wrong.

What are the names of those games?

You apparently know me so well, you should be able to tell me.

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn and... Switch-exclusive third party game is pretty hard to guess... maybe you count Mario + Rabbids as third party.

Ah yes, the eternal question. When all of the console wars are done and over with people will still be debating whether that game is first or third party.

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn and... Switch-exclusive third party game is pretty hard to guess... maybe you count Mario + Rabbids as third party.

No.