By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

I'm gonna add a few more in addition to FF VII, which is probably my top pick.

Diddy Kong Racing

Viva Pinata

Virtua Fighter 2 ( any platform )

That'll do.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
The whole Elder Scrolls series. I have only played Morrowind, but I hated it so much that I can't make myself look at the others. I know Skyrim is big, so occasionally I'll check out the reviews and they'll say, "It's awesome! It's just like Morrowind." Hell no! If the game is like Morrowind then it is complete trash.

You can't claim that a whole series is overrated if you've just played one game.

If all the people who love it say that it's just like the worst game in all of existence, then yes I can claim the whole series is overrated.

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

I don't owe you that information. All I said was that Breath of the Wild wasn't the best game of 2017. You're the one who has bombed in and attempted to tell everyone why I would think that, and fucked it up.

I don't think so. You are unable to name the Nintendo game that is supposedly among your games of the year 2017. I think that's because naming such a game means that you would have to give definitive credit to Nintendo, and you are not able to do that. Which means that my initial point stands.

Just Kiss already, the tension is killing me. There really isn't a need for such a back-and-forth confrontation. Though when was the last time you praised a PlayStation game? Or gave PlayStation any credit Rol? I'm already predicting the response: "When they make a good one I'll praise it."

Everyone is biased, just to differing degrees. Whether an opinion is biased or not, it's still an opinion so it still fulfills the point of the thread, just like your opinion on Rayman Legends, it's biased but it stands.

LuccaCardoso1 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
The whole Elder Scrolls series. I have only played Morrowind, but I hated it so much that I can't make myself look at the others. I know Skyrim is big, so occasionally I'll check out the reviews and they'll say, "It's awesome! It's just like Morrowind." Hell no! If the game is like Morrowind then it is complete trash.

You can't claim that a whole series is overrated if you've just played one game.

I agree, but in the case of Elder Scrolls it's spot on. The games haven't improved at all since Morrowind (Oblivion was even worse).

Destiny.
Holy sh*t that game was so bad and boring i almost sh*t myself.
Didnt play sequel but probably same story as the first one.

Last edited by C4R3ON - on 23 March 2018

Around the Network

Last of Us, yeah I said it

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

Just Kiss already, the tension is killing me. There really isn't a need for such a back-and-forth confrontation. Though when was the last time you praised a PlayStation game? Or gave PlayStation any credit Rol?

I give credit when credit is due. It's not my fault that PlayStation hasn't had any good games in ages.

Then what about xbox?

COKTOE said:

Diddy Kong Racing

Viva Pinata

That'll do.

*Gasp* TAKE THAT BACK!!!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

pokoko said:
The 2D Mario games that I've played. I've come to the conclusion that, since the first one defined the genre for many people and was the game that got played the most during that time due to being shipped with all NES consoles, it gets some kind of blank check. In my opinion, however, they are as boring, uninspired, and nonsensical as anything out there. Despite having been a big Nintendo fan as a kid, I struggled with accepting that I hated the game-play, hated the Mario character, and hated the lack of any substance at all behind it. That kind of memory-based game-play always felt more like homework to me than fun. I could never play for more than a few minutes before wanting to switch to something else. I'd be absolutely fine with never playing another 2D platformer again in my life.

So, is it a 2D Mario thing, or a 2D platformer thing then?

Rafie said:
COKTOE said:

Diddy Kong Racing

Viva Pinata

That'll do.

*Gasp* TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Heh, yeah, I know that it's pretty beloved, especially around here. That's what makes it a good pick! It left me cold though. I remember thinking it felt slow, and not being impressed on a tech level. It's been over 20 years, so it's difficult to elaborate. I preferred Mario Kart 64, and furthermore, preferred the SNES Mario Kart to MK 64.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."