By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

Azelover said:
Uncharted, and all the games that play like it

It's hard for me to figure out if The Last of Us (another Uncharted-like game) is fairly rated or overrated. I mean, it has an incredibly touching story (that should really be acknowledged) but, as a game, idk... It has a very average gameplay. I guess the gaming industry is still trying to find its identity, and that's why games that are made to look like movies are still so highly rated.

B O I

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Dark Souls, I don't get it.

Oh god, I hate Dark Souls. The difficulty level is so high that it becomes a chore to play. I can see why people like it though.

B O I

Shovel Knight and The Last of Us.

If I had to choose one though, Shovel Knight.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Flilix said:
Skyrim, it was extremly boring and uninteresting.

I'll second this.

Signature goes here!

Ultrashroomz said:
Shovel Knight and The Last of Us.

If I had to choose one though, Shovel Knight.

When I started playing Shovel Knight, I thought it was really bad. But when I began advancing through the stages, it became a bit more fun. Not a 92/100 for sure, but not bad either.

B O I

Around the Network

I never got Myst growing up, but it sold so many copies (6 million making it the best selling PC game of all time back then) in the 1990s. People acted like it was the future of gaming when I saw a pretty average puzzle adventure game held up by new technology of CD visuals.

A more recent title that I thought was far better, but didn't come close to Myst sales was The Witness. Some games feel very time and place and don't age well, and think Myst was one of those technological curiosities that is lost when going back with twenty years of advancement.

Anything Uncharted.

Skyrim.

I've played every GTA game, but I just don't see the appeal as much as others do. Also, they have all had fairly clunky controls. IV was horrible with input lag.

Also, Nier. Didn't enjoy it as much as most; world was very empty.

I can't think of any particular, timeless instance, with my perception not being warped due to the games I've been playing lately.

If I have to single out a game right now, as of recent, it's probably Persona 5. With such big, widespread critical acclaim, I could enjoy the quality-of-life upgrades the game got in regards of Persona 4 (another massively overrated game, mind you), but I can't fanthom what's so utter fantastic from these games. The plot pace was absolutely bonkers in a bad way, some of the Palaces were terribly designed (hello, fire whoever made Palace 7), the story throws away certain plot elements without thinking it twice (so some sequences are extremely cheapened, and the villains ended up being mostly very weak as a result), and while the gameplay is great, it just can't substain pretty much all the other's frustrations. Not saying it is a bad game, but I always found myself finding too many glaring flaws that got in the way of fun. Also, I'm one of those weirdos who didn't really enjoy the OST, so not a thing I could even indulge myself in.