By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD, PS4 2015 vs NSW 2018 (December added)

Who wins?

PS4 66 40.24%

NSW 84 51.22%

Tie 14 8.54%

Total:164
Insidb said:
zorg1000 said: 
February 340k, Evolve, The Order, Xenoverse 280k, Bayonetta 2 +20k Switch

Let's all take a break from fighting and focus on this gem.

Cant tell if youre being serious or not.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
zorg1000 said:

I defined it as a game that charted in NPD in its debut month, what would you prefer?

Clever and simple solution. Nicely done.

Thank you

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:

You think that, in 2015, people are still buying consoles to watch movies? But that’s besides the point. Do you think the PS4 would have sold the same if it released at $299?

I can also give question to you, do you think that PS4 would sell same with lower specs than XB1? You can't really talk only about PS4 disadvantages and ignoring advantages, I mean you can, but its pointless.

Yes, it would have. A lower price at launch is always a big advantage.

Once e3 hits, it'll be a bit easier to make a prediction on this. Aside from smash we know nothing of what is coming in the 2nd half of the year.

zorg1000 said:
Insidb said:

Let's all take a break from fighting and focus on this gem.

Cant tell if youre being serious or not.

I'm honestly full of conflicting emotions when I think about it lol.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Insidb said:

I'm honestly full of conflicting emotions when I think about it lol.

People got tricked by Evolve, but a sale is a sale. This thread isn't measuring satisfaction.

The insanity that surrounded that game won't soon be forgotten; it truly was a mess.

Insidb said:
RolStoppable said:

People got tricked by Evolve, but a sale is a sale. This thread isn't measuring satisfaction.

The insanity that surrounded that game won't soon be forgotten; it truly was a mess.

Ya but regardless of that it did chart high and sell well in its debut month so it counts as a major release.

Shadow1980 said:
A this point it's too early to call, really. So far, after two months it's pretty close, but we still have 10 months left to go. I think it still has the potential to be very close, though. Honestly, I think it's going to depend on whether Nintendo issues any price cuts this year or otherwise does something that will generate sales growth, such as a surprise announcement for Pokemon Gen VIII being available some time this fall. The Switch will need to be up 17.9% or more over last year to best the PS4's 2015 performance. It's possible, but not guaranteed.

The holidays will likely be the deciding factor. The PS4 was actually down 7% YoY for the Q1-Q3 period of 2015. The Switch needs to sell about another 1780k from March through September, an average of just over 254k/month, to keep pace with that the PS4 did in Q1-Q3 2015. That's not impossible. However, the PS4 was up nearly 55% YoY in Q4 2015, selling 3397k units. That's considerably more than the 2545k the Switch did in Q4 2017.

Right now, I'd give it 70-30 odds in favor of the PS4 because so far Nintendo hasn't announced anything that might result in noticeable sales growth. But if Nintendo does issue a price cut, or has some big Black Friday deals, or Pokemon comes out this fall, then I'd move the odds closer to 50-50, maybe 60-40 in the Switch's favor if Nintendo does all three.

Ya its definitely possible for either to win and should be competitive regardless of who wins.

One other potential factor i would add is the dark horse, Nintendo Labo. It could flop, be a moderate success or be a huge hit.

If it can successfully capture a strong kid/family/casual audience than it has potential to really boost Switch sales this year.

lol why is this thread so messy,

the winner will be Switch because Smash Bros alone >>>>>

MinatozakiSana said:
lol why is this thread so messy,

the winner will be Switch because Smash Bros alone >>>>>

We have a few users on this site who make a mess out of almost any thread they participate in.