By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD, PS4 2015 vs NSW 2018 (December added)

Who wins?

PS4 66 40.24%

NSW 84 51.22%

Tie 14 8.54%

Total:164

Switch's strongest region is NA, while it isn't PS4's strongest region. Nintendo consoles also tend to sell fast, but for a shorter time.

Switch should win this comparison.

USA accounted for 32.7% of sales for the PS4 in 2015. Currently LTD USA accounts for 36.4% of sales for the Switch. So assuming the Switch ratio stays roughly the same throughout this year, Switch will need to sell 6.38m in the NPD's if it's to match PS4's 2015 global sales.

Last edited by Barkley - on 21 March 2018

Around the Network

Gonna be a close race. Switch will probably lose march and win april and may. It's the holiday when things will be interesting.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

I think the Switch will sell more than the Ps4 did in 2015 because of Smash Bros and Pokémon.

Stuart23 said:
Gonna be a close race. Switch will probably lose march and win april and may. It's the holiday when things will be interesting.

I think it's way more likely that the Switch wins March and loses April. God of War comes out in April. It's a big franchise especially in the U.S. and it just got great previews.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Stuart23 said:

I think it's way more likely that the Switch wins March and loses April. God of War comes out in April. It's a big franchise especially in the U.S. and it just got great previews.

Oh sorry, I meant with that PS4 2015 vs NSW 2018. In this year yeah I also think PS4 will win april.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:
Normchacho said:

Oh sorry, I meant with that PS4 2015 vs NSW 2018. In this year yeah I also think PS4 will win april.

Oh duh haha my bad.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

zorg1000 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Isn't the second year for PS4 2014?

2nd full year. It was only available for 1.5 months in 2013.

Switch released in March but its launch month offsets the lack of Jan/Feb.

2014 vs 2017 is year 1

2015 vs 2018 is year 2

2017 wasn't a full year for the Switch, though. It missed January and February, I know you state that but that is objectively not a full year.

VGPolyglot said:
zorg1000 said:

2014 vs 2017 is year 1

2015 vs 2018 is year 2

2017 wasn't a full year for the Switch, though. It missed January and February, I know you state that but that is objectively not a full year.

It's not exactly right, but still starting from 10 months on the market for Switch and 14 months on the market for PS4 is closer than 10 months for Switch and 2 months for ps4, which is what 2014 (ps4) vs 2018 (switch) would be.

VGPolyglot said:
zorg1000 said:

2014 vs 2017 is year 1

2015 vs 2018 is year 2

I know its techically not a full year but its 10 months where the debut month was the size of 3 regular months so its close enough.

Its about as close and fair as we can get for making yearly comparisons due to the different launch periods.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

Don't you realize that 2018 is 53 weeks long?

what does that have to do with anything i'm saying?

He's saying the extra week in Jan will count for nothing in the long run which is kind of the point in this thread.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!