By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD, PS4 2015 vs NSW 2018 (December added)

Who wins?

PS4 66 40.24%

NSW 84 51.22%

Tie 14 8.54%

Total:164
RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

We have a few users on this site who make a mess out of almost any thread they participate in.

It's what I do best.

I thought backseat moderating is what you do best?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Insidb said:

The insanity that surrounded that game won't soon be forgotten; it truly was a mess.

Ya but regardless of that it did chart high and sell well in its debut month so it counts as a major release.

I have no issues with your chart; in fact, Evolve was supposed to be a blockbuster.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

I thought backseat moderating is what you do best?

Not anymore. My tag got removed.

Well i thought you were great at it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

So currently 2018 PS4 is beating 2015 PS4? Amazing.

ryuzaki57 said:

Well people think this will be the peak year for the ps4. Consoles rarely sell there best in the first year or 2 on the market.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Can you actually talk about the topic instead of derailing the thread like you always do?

The thread is about overall sales for the year so one week means next to nothing in the long run so just drop it.

LOl what do you think i'm doing? you want to make analysis on sales the first 2 months are very important especially since we are comparing ps4 vs switch, so far it looks like ps4 based on jan and February results. plus ps4 had amazing holidays period that switch won't come close.   

Why are you assuming Switch won't? Smash Bros releasing around that time already gives a boost in Switch's favor.

You know that thing when you uhhh...and then you...hmmm. But then you have to...umm, Yuh.

ryuzaki57 said:

Correct, but i believe 2016 & 2017 started out higher than 2015 initially then ended up being lower overall.

weraru_1 said:
quickrick said:

LOl what do you think i'm doing? you want to make analysis on sales the first 2 months are very important especially since we are comparing ps4 vs switch, so far it looks like ps4 based on jan and February results. plus ps4 had amazing holidays period that switch won't come close.   

Why are you assuming Switch won't? Smash Bros releasing around that time already gives a boost in Switch's favor.

i dont believe it will push more consoles then 3d mario which  frankly was a sales monster. 

Wow

Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

I can also give question to you, do you think that PS4 would sell same with lower specs than XB1? You can't really talk only about PS4 disadvantages and ignoring advantages, I mean you can, but its pointless.

Yes, it would have. A lower price at launch is always a big advantage.

No it wouldn't, one of biggest PS4 advantage over XB1 was actually stronger hardware that meant higher resolution and better performance for lower and later for same price point.