By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Best Selling Home Console in History during first 12 months in the US.

Pinkie_pie said:
that launched month certainly helps. lets see how it goes the next 12 months. it will not beat its first year thats for sure

Based on what exactly?? Fortune teller on the carnaval? 

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Pinkie_pie said:
that launched month certainly helps. lets see how it goes the next 12 months. it will not beat its first year thats for sure

based on march and no zelda and mario 

Real happy to hear some more good news for the Switch. Lately with the NPDs it feels it's been a bit of the downer on the Switch side, but this news is a nice boost. Hopefully the console can continue doing well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Pinkie_pie said:
kirby007 said:

100k more over the next holiday period is needed which based on trends is going to be a cakewalk

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

100k more over the next holiday period is needed which based on trends is going to be a cakewalk

switch will probably sell 300k this month. i think switch did 900k in march last year in the US? i cant see how switch can make up 600k for the next 11 months after march. switch will have smash this holiday but switch also had odyssey last holiday so that evens out id say.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Well deserved. Will be the fastest selling one after 24 months as well.

It won’t be. Even Zhugex is saying that by month 13 Wii explodes - Switch won’t be able to keep up.

That's cool news. For those who want to know who is actually in 1st place, it is the GBA. That system was ridiculous. I am still waiting for the day in which Nintendo can make a system that can start off like that.

However, don't expect the record to last. The Wii had a monster 2nd year with Galaxy, Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit all in the span of 5 months. Switch does not have anything of that magnitude until Smash comes out in the fall. Don't be disappointed about that though. I expect the Switch to peak later than the Wii anyway and overtake it.

If there is any kind of lifecycle that the Switch will follow it is going to be the DS not the Wii. Also the Switch will demolish the 3DS by the end of the year.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Lawlight said:
LipeJJ said:
Well deserved. Will be the fastest selling one after 24 months as well.

It won’t be. Even Zhugex is saying that by month 13 Wii explodes - Switch won’t be able to keep up.

Switch will leg it out in the end however. Wii really lost momentum in year 4/5.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Pinkie_pie said:
kirby007 said:

switch will probably sell 300k this month. i think switch did 900k in march last year in the US? i cant see how switch can make up 600k for the next 11 months after march. switch will have smash this holiday but switch also had odyssey last holiday so that evens out id say.

People have to understand that Nintendo isn't Sony or Microsoft, so just because we don't understand yet how they plan on shifting 20 million unit in the next fiscal year doesn't mean they don't have software lined up already! My guess though is that Pokemon Switch will be released within the next fiscal year to achieve these kind of numbers.

RolStoppable said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Switch sold less than 800k in November 2017, so it can make up a deficit of 600k in that month alone. The biggest factor in year 1 were supply constraints holding Switch back; that shouldn't be an issue in year 2, so a lot of year 1's months are easy to beat.

even with supply issue last year switch was able to avg 250k between april - october? i think switch will have a hard time doing 300k for april - october. lets say it can avg 300k from april - october (which i doubt it) that still leaves it 250k behind. it can make up 250k in november but it will be tough