By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Best Selling Home Console in History during first 12 months in the US.

zorg1000 said:
KLAMarine said:

Seems a bit pessimistic...

Should change his name to TrollStoppable

Not totally inappropriate: whenever I read one of Rol's posts, I always feel hints of sarcasm... Don't know why.

RolStoppable said:
berzerkertank said:
I just want the Switch to do well. If it's possible, I hope it can get into the Top 10 Best Selling Consoles of All Time, because it's a really good system. I don't think it'll break past the Wii in sales, or maybe even the NES, but hopefully it'll pass the Genesis after a few years.

Doesn't look like Switch has a chance to accomplish those things, aside from passing the Genesis in the distant future. Switch is already losing momentum (finished in third place in February NPD) and 2018's lineup is dominated by ports. The fact that Nintendo's biggest Switch game of the year is a port of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U doesn't help matters either.

Switch sales will remain decent for a while because the big releases of 2017 are still selling, but that can only last for so long. I feel that Nintendo blew their load early and now they are left with hardly anything that can push hardware sales. Switch is bound to share the usual fate of Nintendo consoles. That is, start off strong and drop off into oblivion after two or three years on the market.

Rol, were you a class clown at any point?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
VGPolyglot said:

He even had an honorary moderator tag until just very recently!

Plus he works  well with TalonMan, constantly giving feedback for him, and Talon was recently voted the greatest user of all time and even has access to the code of this site .... 

Honestly, there's too many ways that Rol is connected to the heart of VGChartz.

He deserved it. He was the Mario Kart Wii Champion  

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

Even factoring in handhelds its 2nd, only behind GBA.

But it means that Switch lost to Nintendo. Losing to Nintendo is embarrassing.

So basically it's selling par for course with other Nintendo handhelds, and conveniently gets put in the home console category despite not being the same market demographic as the PS4 and Xbox One, hence there's nothing eating into it's share. It's PR spin.. or it's a testiment to how Nintendo have carved out their own market. Depends how you want to look at it.

Breath of the Wild is now the 3rd most sold Zelda of all time !

LethalP said:
RolStoppable said:

But it means that Switch lost to Nintendo. Losing to Nintendo is embarrassing.

So basically it's selling par for course with other Nintendo handhelds

Nope, its ahead of GB, DS & 3DS.

GBA is the only device ahead of it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Amnesia said:

Breath of the Wild is now the 3rd most sold Zelda of all time !

Not long until its number 1

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I think that it has 100% of chance to pass above Twilight WII, and 99% of chances to pass above Ocarina, there will be MINIMUM twice more Switch sold than N64.

By the way it is maybe time, if you guys have some memory, to apologize for someone here who has been predicted that Zelda Breath of the Wild will sell more than Odysee at the end. People took his opinion ridiculously. It is now more and more visible in the chartz that Odysse has lost some intensity after an incredibly massive start, but Zelda still hold on on a more regular rate and is equal or slightly above Odysee more and more often.