By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Best Selling Home Console in History during first 12 months in the US.

quickrick said:

the only mod that has a problem with me and rols best friend, why am i not surprised

Yeah, I have to say it's not really fair to call out quickrick like that, since Rol has such deep connections with the mod team .... 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
quickrick said:

the only mod that has a problem with me and rols best friend, why am i not surprised

Yeah, I have to say it's not really fair to call out quickrick like that, since Rol has such deep connections with the mod team .... 

He even had an honorary moderator tag until just very recently!

VGPolyglot said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

He even had an honorary moderator tag until just very recently!

Plus he works  well with TalonMan, constantly giving feedback for him, and Talon was recently voted the greatest user of all time and even has access to the code of this site .... 

Honestly, there's too many ways that Rol is connected to the heart of VGChartz.

berzerkertank said:
I just want the Switch to do well. If it's possible, I hope it can get into the Top 10 Best Selling Consoles of All Time, because it's a really good system. I don't think it'll break past the Wii in sales, or maybe even the NES, but hopefully it'll pass the Genesis after a few years.

You talking about LT WW sales? Switch most likly will end this year with 30m+, so that less than 2 years on market, in other words, its seems that minimum that Switch will sell at end is 70-80m, espacily beacuse Nintendo said that they want to Switch have longer life span than usual 5-6 years for console.

quickrick said:
Shadow1980 said:

Unfair for who?

To me, a fair comparison only involves ensuring that we compare like with like in terms of time frames. If you start adding in other complications, especially things that we really can't objectively measure (like whether "launch demand" was fulfilled by x date), then we end up with a situation where no comparisons are valid.

its unfair to me, but this still a valid comparison. like i said before the real 100% fair comparison is 2018, switch has no more supply issues, no more pent up demand, more deals during the holidays, and launches no longer matter.

Agree, total unfair when Switch sell better than ps4, only fair when ps4 beat Switch, understood

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

show e where i made ridiculously wild claims?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/172439/quickrick/posts/#content

Nice one. he can't say anything to counter it outside post a gif

quickrick said:
Carl2291 said:

Can you please stop trying to downplay any and all success the Switch may have?

"Over the first twelve months in market, Nintendo Switch has achieved the highest installed base for a console platform in history."

Deal with it. Stop making excuses, stop moving the goalposts. Stop derailing, stop downplaying.

the only mod that has a problem with me and rols best friend, why am i not surprised, but fine. i won't post anything downplay switch sales, depending on how much switch does next npd. besides i had nothing to say jan npd because switch actually impressed me.

You actually said you were gonna get on the Switch hype train. I guess that never happened then?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Miyamotoo said:
berzerkertank said:
I just want the Switch to do well. If it's possible, I hope it can get into the Top 10 Best Selling Consoles of All Time, because it's a really good system. I don't think it'll break past the Wii in sales, or maybe even the NES, but hopefully it'll pass the Genesis after a few years.

You talking about LT WW sales? Switch most likly will end this year with 30m+, so that less than 2 years on market, in other words, its seems that minimum that Switch will sell at end is 70-80m, espacily beacuse Nintendo said that they want to Switch have longer life span than usual 5-6 years for console.

I was going off of the rankings the Wikipedia article had listed, but I'm glad that my ramblings are entirely possible.

lol signatues

RolStoppable said:
berzerkertank said:

Doesn't look like Switch has a chance to accomplish those things, aside from passing the Genesis in the distant future. Switch is already losing momentum (finished in third place in February NPD) and 2018's lineup is dominated by ports. The fact that Nintendo's biggest Switch game of the year is a port of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U doesn't help matters either.

Switch sales will remain decent for a while because the big releases of 2017 are still selling, but that can only last for so long. I feel that Nintendo blew their load early and now they are left with hardly anything that can push hardware sales. Switch is bound to share the usual fate of Nintendo consoles. That is, start off strong and drop off into oblivion after two or three years on the market.

Seems a bit pessimistic...

KLAMarine said:
RolStoppable said:

Doesn't look like Switch has a chance to accomplish those things, aside from passing the Genesis in the distant future. Switch is already losing momentum (finished in third place in February NPD) and 2018's lineup is dominated by ports. The fact that Nintendo's biggest Switch game of the year is a port of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U doesn't help matters either.

Switch sales will remain decent for a while because the big releases of 2017 are still selling, but that can only last for so long. I feel that Nintendo blew their load early and now they are left with hardly anything that can push hardware sales. Switch is bound to share the usual fate of Nintendo consoles. That is, start off strong and drop off into oblivion after two or three years on the market.

Seems a bit pessimistic...

Should change his name to TrollStoppable

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.