By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - In progress NPD predicting tool

I think the Switch will take July and August. But Sept I think the PS4 will take it along with Oct with a slight lead....the holidays will really be a toss up. I think the PS4/XB1 will have the best "deals" this holiday but the Switch will be having its 2nd Holiday and hopefully some good bundles. The PS4 will take Nov and the Switch will take Dec is my guess on that.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
I think the Switch will take July and August. But Sept I think the PS4 will take it along with Oct with a slight lead....the holidays will really be a toss up. I think the PS4/XB1 will have the best "deals" this holiday but the Switch will be having its 2nd Holiday and hopefully some good bundles. The PS4 will take Nov and the Switch will take Dec is my guess on that.

Pretty much agree with what you are saying here. I do think that PS4 will have a strong Oct with both RDR2 and Spiderman fresh and winning it comfortably but I believe this time around that Switch takes both November and December, Pokemon is going leave it's mark in November and I cant see anyone but Switch taking December.

Curious to see if Nintendo releases a new bundle this season though.. should see at least Smash or Pokemon, maybe both.

ps4 will take november easily, just look at the 3ds sales in november even in it's prime.

Clearly Sony is cleaning out the remaining stocks of ps4 and something new should be announced eminently.
New models and versions of consoles should appear soon, but it will be cool to see the chart reach zero.

quickrick said:
ps4 will take november easily, just look at the 3ds sales in november even in it's prime.

I think Pokemon will give the Switch the lead in November. It's being advertised as a regular Pokemon game so Parents and casuals will get a Switch for it.

Around the Network
quickrick said:

WTF are you trying to say with the 3DS? Switch is outselling the 3DS already without having recieved a pricecut and is getting lots of games to keep sales high, both third and first party.

Switch will crush 3DS sales this holiday season, and hopefully the comparisons between the two will finally end there.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
quickrick said:

WTF are you trying to say with the 3DS? Switch is outselling the 3DS already without having recieved a pricecut and is getting lots of games to keep sales high, both third and first party.

Switch will crush 3DS sales this holiday season, and hopefully the comparisons between the two will finally end there.

Its not that hard, last year 3ds and switch holiday sales were about the same, nintedo consoles for the past 8 years haven't had amazing november sales, so i will stick to that trend.

Imo, Switch has great chances of taking November. We are already seeing great deals for the console and i'm sure Nintendo will have something for BF. That said, it will also get the first HD pokemon game, which even if it's not the one the core fans are waiting for, it will clearly have a big appeal. We will also be in the Smash hype, many people will take the console during a BF sale just before Smash instead of waiting the day it comes out. We also are finally getting some more "family titles". I think Labo and Mario Party will have some effect during Fall/Holiday season.

Sony will probably have similar deals as last year, don't think they can discount the PS4 more than that this year.

quickrick said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Its not that hard, last year 3ds and switch holiday sales were about the same, nintedo consoles for the past 8 years haven't had amazing november sales, so i will stick to that trend.

Its not like Nintendo consoles in the last 8 years have been super impressive or anything. But the switch is different from the Wii U and 3ds. It's clear to see that. Having a big game in November, with the possibility of bundles? And you said something along the lines of it selling less than last year in November? That's insanity 

Last edited by MasonADC - on 26 July 2018

Mbolibombo said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Pretty much agree with what you are saying here. I do think that PS4 will have a strong Oct with both RDR2 and Spiderman fresh and winning it comfortably but I believe this time around that Switch takes both November and December, Pokemon is going leave it's mark in November and I cant see anyone but Switch taking December.

Curious to see if Nintendo releases a new bundle this season though.. should see at least Smash or Pokemon, maybe both.

Yeah with Spidey and RDR2 I can't see Sony losing Sept or Oct. The reason I gave them Nov is all they had last year was a $199 PS4 for 1 week and it did RECORD numbers. So if they extend that $199 deal longer during the Holidays along with the RDR2 bundle or a Spiderman(if it is received well)bundle then I can see them having another big Nov as well. But with Pokemon Let's Go even if it is not a core title it will definitely push the Switch up. It will be close between the two but the deciding factor in my opinion will be the price. Either way they both will have a great Holiday season! And hopefully like last year so does the XB1!

xMetroid said:
Imo, Switch has great chances of taking November. We are already seeing great deals for the console and i'm sure Nintendo will have something for BF. That said, it will also get the first HD pokemon game, which even if it's not the one the core fans are waiting for, it will clearly have a big appeal. We will also be in the Smash hype, many people will take the console during a BF sale just before Smash instead of waiting the day it comes out. We also are finally getting some more "family titles". I think Labo and Mario Party will have some effect during Fall/Holiday season.

Sony will probably have similar deals as last year, don't think they can discount the PS4 more than that this year.

I also agree that Switch has a very good chance at taking Nov thanks to Pokemon. And has the Switch been having deals? I always see it at regular price. But then I have not been looking hard so there probably have been deal though. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a core Pokemon bundle next year! But as I stated above if the PS4 extends that $199 deal past a week this year then that could be the edge for them thanks to price. But it will be close either way I think. I am looking forward to the Holidays!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23