By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Ni No Kuni 2 Review (Easy Allies)

This review didn't make me hyped for the game.

The combat looks ridiculously easy to the point of being boring. The base mechanics look cool and very modern for a Japanese RPG, but who knows how well that translates into an interesting game when your foes are so easy to beat.

The soundtrack is supposedly mediocre which isn't something good for a Japanese RPG.

The graphics, despite looking fantastic, kind of seem off some of the times. During some of the footage the camera angle or lighting would make the characters look like plastic ... like they stood out too much for the environment they were in.

I'm not sure how much I can stand the hammy-ness of the voice acting either. I doubt the story is that good anyways, since anime stories tend to be ... well ...

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
Otter said:
Ah, man just saw how they changed the battle system and almost of all of my hype is gone. Will still check it out eventually

Most outlets have talked about the combat positively and see it as an improvement over the first game. The combat in the first Ni no Kuni was clunky and many people didn't like it, it doesn't surprise me that they changed it.

I think they could of just refined the execution, instead of changing the whole dynamic. Loved the pokemon element that the familiars provided. This new system looks a bit more generic.

MasterThief said:

this game isn't even an exclusive just saying tho. if we're gonna beat up microsoft and not buy their console because we can get their games on pc. we can't say that this is an "Exclusive" 

It wasn't other fans that made the distinction, it was XB1 fans that kept reducing the amount of exclusives on the PS4 by insisting the game also on PC couldn't be called exclusives. People did that just to keep those people happy and STILL ended up with more exclusives. So, if you want to complain about anyone, complain about those people. You made your bed.

The PS5 Exists. 

Nuuu ni Kun eee baby!

Hmmm hasnt gotten more reviews since last I checked and still 85... was hopeing it would rise in score.

I have to play this and the first one 

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Sitting at 89 on my own Opencritic settings. Chris Carter didn't really care for the game all that much, but my other favorite critics, Easy Allies, loved it.

The original was one of the games I regret not playing last gen. This one seems really neat and hopefully does really well. Would I be missing much story wise if I never played the original? I suppose I can read or watch a recap.

Mar1217 said:
Azuren said:

Did you read the previous post for context? Because 85 is the definition of "mid-80's". My response was to him referring to 85 as "low 80's".

Ah ok, sorry I understood it in another way :P

No worries, that's why I asked.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:

We agree on that

You haven't even played LoD and already know it's vastly superior, yup.

What’s LoD?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

wonderful game. Play it guys ; )