By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

JRPGfan said:
RolStoppable said:

2018 covers nine weeks due a five-week-January. 2017 covers only eight weeks of sales.

First 2 months 2018 vs 2017.... its not 2018's fault theres a 5week jan.
Its just a fact, its up YoY so far.

He is doing that thing, where he uses the logic that was used against the switch, but now reversed. I think this is getting out of hand now myself, so I am bailing. 

Around the Network

We still don't know what the actual numbers people, the comment Mat came out with on Resetera was notable for how cryptic it was. Also, when asked he refused to elaborate on whether the leak was correct or not.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
We still don't know what the actual numbers people, the comment Mat came out with on Resetera was notable for how cryptic it was. Also, when asked he refused to elaborate on whether the leak was correct or not.

The leak is correct, just accept it. the guy is 100% verified, or you can wait till tomorrow.  if it wasn't correct the numbers would have been confirmed fake a long time ago, and thread would be closed.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

The leak is correct, just accept it. the guy is 100% verified, or you can wait till tomorrow.  if it wasn't correct the numbers would have been confirmed fake a long time ago, and thread would be closed.

Well idk what you mean by verified. His sig looks like a normal poster. If he is verified, i would think Mat would be pretty mad at him. I'm actually looking forward to reading it tomorrow, just to see what Matt meant. His statement looked like it could cause a mini riot on there and also he refused to be drawn either way. Pretty interesting. Of course it could be about another thing entirely and the numbers could be accurate but it definitely is something important.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Does it look like ps4 sold more then switch im februari? Yes
Does the switch sell less then the ps4 in past years for the same month? Yes
Is the switch losing momentum ? No

Momentum is such a simple concept and you fail on it immensly

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:

First 2 months 2018 vs 2017.... its not 2018's fault theres a 5week jan.
Its just a fact, its up YoY so far.

The different length of NPD tracking periods is why the metric "average weekly sales" is commonly used to gauge momentum.

For example, May sales are 200k and June sales are 210k. On the surface it looks like June was the better month, but when the metric "average weekly sales" is applied, you get 50k/week in Many and 42k/week in June, so it was really May that had the better momentum.

This.

And if I'm not wrong, Switch would be gaining momentum:

Jan - ~270k - 5w - 54k per week

Feb - ~280k - 4w - 70k per week

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

Well idk what you mean by verified. His sig looks like a normal poster. If he is verified, i would think Mat would be pretty mad at him. I'm actually looking forward to reading it tomorrow, just to see what Matt meant. His statement looked like it could cause a mini riot on there and also he refused to be drawn either way. Pretty interesting. Of course it could be about another thing entirely and the numbers could be accurate but it definitely is something important.

He has NPD info, he has leaked good numbers before, or he would have been banned right away at resetera.

kirby007 said:

Does it look like ps4 sold more then switch im februari? Yes
Does the switch sell less then the ps4 in past years for the same month? Yes
Is the switch losing momentum ? No

Momentum is such a simple concept and you fail on it immensly

It's losing momentum in comparison to the PS4 and because it's selling less than last year now.

Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:

The different length of NPD tracking periods is why the metric "average weekly sales" is commonly used to gauge momentum.

For example, May sales are 200k and June sales are 210k. On the surface it looks like June was the better month, but when the metric "average weekly sales" is applied, you get 50k/week in Many and 42k/week in June, so it was really May that had the better momentum.

This.

And if I'm not wrong, Switch would be gaining momentum:

Jan - ~270k - 5w - 54k per week

Feb - ~280k - 4w - 70k per week

if you look at it that way its gaining momentum, but consoles sales usually see a 70/80% increase in Feb compared to jan.  

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

He has NPD info, he has leaked good numbers before, or he would have been banned right away at resetera.

If he has NPD info and releases it before Mat then surely he would be sacked, as he is disclosing something before disclosure date. So, posters have been banned for posting false facts on there before? Well they can't ban him yet if he is wrong, as they can only do so once the "Actual" NPD data is announced. So, if he gets banned tomorrow, we will know why.