By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

You guys are really fighting over this 🤦🏾‍♂️

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Mindless Flag Waving Bickering: The Thread.

Console wars are serious bussiness :p

You mean to tell me you forgot that last month Switch won by like 3k units sold? and PS4 made slightly more revenue?
And now Its 363k > 310k > 279k!!

tbh yeah all 3 consoles have done great so far in 2018.
PS4 still winning overall in the US but its not by huge amounts, Switch and Xb1 are staying close.

JRPGfan said:
zorg1000 said:

Nobody is bullying him, getting called out for saying dumb things is not the same as being bullied.

In this very thread he said that Switch is losing momentum. Rol & I posted all of the non-launch/holiday months and this is one of Switch's best. Its tied for 3rd in monthly sales and tied for 2nd in weekly average which is proof that momentum in not being lost.

Instead of asmitting its not losing momentum, he doubled down on the statement and followed it up with this

"labo will flop, and switch will flat line this year, and  that's if nintendo drops the price during the holidays"

Again, hes not getting bullied, hes getting called out for the incorrect & flammatory comments he makes.

Hes not bullied hes just being called out for incorrect & flammatory comments.

1) that sounds like a prediction.
2) thats not flammatory
3) you dont know if its incorrect
4) because of 2+3 you shouldnt "call him out" on it, which to me people do to a degree that looks like bullying.

Lets see how Labo does, and if Switch is flat this year.
If Switch sells more than 15m this year, and Labo is a huge success feel free to gloat at Quickrick for being wrong.

Yeah, I dont know how accusing someone of "saying dumb things" is not considered bullying.  At the end of the day he is just making a prediction.  Just like everybody else.  Could he be wrong?  Or course he could!  But he could also be right.  Bottom line is, we just don't know.

And just for a little perspective:  75% of people on the NPD prediction thread were wrong (myself included).  Should people be allowed to go back to "call them out" for "saying dumb things"?

chakkra said:
JRPGfan said:

Hes not bullied hes just being called out for incorrect & flammatory comments.

1) that sounds like a prediction.
2) thats not flammatory
3) you dont know if its incorrect
4) because of 2+3 you shouldnt "call him out" on it, which to me people do to a degree that looks like bullying.

Lets see how Labo does, and if Switch is flat this year.
If Switch sells more than 15m this year, and Labo is a huge success feel free to gloat at Quickrick for being wrong.

Yeah, I dont know how accusing someone of "saying dumb things" is not considered bullying.  At the end of the day he is just making a prediction.  Just like everybody else.  Could he be wrong?  Or course he could!  But he could also be right.  Bottom line is, we just don't know.

And just for a little perspective:  75% of people on the NPD prediction thread were wrong (myself included).  Should people be allowed to go back to "call them out" for "saying dumb things"?

Yes when you know for a fact someone is wrong, and if very wrong its fair play (so after you have numbers showing so).

My issue is that they are saying hes wrong before knowing if he actually is.
Its their prediction vs his, and are bullying him for it.

If Switch only does 15m this year, I expect these people to applogies to Quickrick for their behavor.
If hes wrong, THEN its fair to mock quickrick, but doing so now seems unfair when its too early to know.

I expect Switch to do better in 2018 than in 2017.... so higher than 15m or so (flat) that quickrick assumed.
But I wouldnt make fun of him for predicting such.

If you mean me? I didnt talk about his predictions as i mentioned earlier. Just talking about the fact he cant grasp what momentum actually is......

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
nemo37 said:

It is not really a matter of opinion in this case, as the link you provided includes a variable that is irrelevant (top rating). The link I have only looks at whether the item has the terms "console" in its title or description and then sorts it by best selling. The data for your link and my link are the same (they are both from Best Buy US) it is just that yours not only sorts by sales but also by ratings, which means that the rank you are getting is based on both unit sales and customer rating (obviously the customer ratings is not what we are interested in, so including it introduces error); mine only does it based on unit sales on products that have console in the name or description (considering we are only looking at console sales, the way my link has sorted the data gets closer to what we are looking for than your link which includes customer ratings).

Also, I should note that the link I provided had PS4 above Switch during black Friday week in November (I don't recall Xbox One), then Switch above PS4 and Xbox One in December, PS4 above Switch starting in late-January and the Xbox One started to beat the Switch after the discount (and on the first day of the discount one the Xbox One SKUs was above the PS4 but it went back down again), after the discounts ended Switch went back above Xbox One and starting on the second week of March it went above PS4. So this sorting seems to be receptive to changes in sales patterns and only changes in sales patterns (as opposed to changes in customer rating patterns).

can you post the same link with video games instead of console?

Unfortunately, the terms "video games", "video game", or "games" redirects you to this menu page (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/video-games/abcat0700000.c?id=abcat0700000&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchRedirect=video+game)

However, the term "game" works. Here are the results (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=game&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=-bestsellingsort%20skuidsaas&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All%20Categories&ks=960&keys=keys)

Kyuu said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Another doomsday Switch post, they're a dime a dozen these days...

May not surpass PS4 = doomsday.

Nooooooo, but this is...

Kyuu said: 
Excellent for PS4 and X1. Not looking particularly good for Switch.

nemo37 said:
quickrick said:

can you post the same link with video games instead of console?

Unfortunately, the terms "video games", "video game", or "games" redirects you to this menu page (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/video-games/abcat0700000.c?id=abcat0700000&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchRedirect=video+game)

However, the term "game" works. Here are the results (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=game&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=-bestsellingsort%20skuidsaas&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All%20Categories&ks=960&keys=keys)

so i'm not sure which to trust man, lol. did ps4 and xbox move on top of switch in FEB? my list always had switch on top till feb.

quickrick said:
nemo37 said:

so i'm not sure which to trust man, lol. did ps4 and xbox move on top of switch in FEB? my list always had switch on top till feb.

In late January PS4 moved above Switch. On the day the Xbox One got discounted, the Xbox One starter bundle moved above both Switch and PS4 but on the following day it went below PS4 but still above Switch. Once the Xbox One discount ended in early March, the Xbox One SKUs all went below Switch (the One X became the top selling Xbox One SKU again) but PS4 Slim was still the top selling SKU. In the second week of March, Switch went back above PS4.

So basically from late January until second week of March PS4 and/or Xbox One were above Switch.

nemo37 said:
quickrick said:

In late January PS4 moved above Switch. On the day the Xbox One got discounted, the Xbox One starter bundle moved above both Switch and PS4 but on the following day it went below PS4 but still above Switch. Once the Xbox One discount ended in early March, the Xbox One SKUs all went below Switch (the One X became the top selling Xbox One SKU again) but PS4 Slim was still the top selling SKU. In the second week of March, Switch went back above PS4.

So basically from late January until second week of March PS4 and/or Xbox One were above Switch.

This makes sense, I believe your method