By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

nemo37 said:
quickrick said:

so i'm not sure which to trust man, lol. did ps4 and xbox move on top of switch in FEB? my list always had switch on top till feb.

In late January PS4 moved above Switch. On the day the Xbox One got discounted, the Xbox One starter bundle moved above both Switch and PS4 but on the following day it went below PS4 but still above Switch. Once the Xbox One discount ended in early March, the Xbox One SKUs all went below Switch (the One X became the top selling Xbox One SKU again) but PS4 Slim was still the top selling SKU. In the second week of March, Switch went back above PS4.

So basically from late January until second week of March PS4 and/or Xbox One were above Switch.

oh ok, cool, ill start using that list.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Nooooooo, but this is...

How dare I write that?!!!! REPORT ME, NOW!

Lol, subterfuge...just own up to what you said

Kyuu said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Nooooooo, but this is...

I really don't get whats so hard to understand, switch under performed big time compared to people expectations.  

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Kyuu said:

He said Feb NPD didnt look particular good for the Switch?
Whats there to own up to?

You think hes wrong? and 279k for the Switch is just fantastic or something?
its not horrible, but its not really great either.

Again this is makeing a mountain out of a molehill.

and playing the victim card and crying "nintedoom" to make fun of him.... jebus.
(enough nintendo guys are makeing fun of people, and bullying in this thread... dont be another of them plz

Congrats to quickrick. He was right. Took some time to get caught up. Been reading some at work tonight and more since being home.

To those who thought I was mocking quick, I was not. I was honestly expecting a switch win for February.

And if someone is mocking quick or bullying him, they need to stop. And quick, I’m definitely eating crow as part of our bet buddy :)

Around the Network

As for predicting who wins npd, it would seem amazon isn’t a good indicator for switch sales at all. Seems going forward, Amazon is only good for PS4/XB1.

Kyuu said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Yeah coz not looking "particularly good" somehow means DOOMSDAY. Who cares about context?

Not you apparently, considering people are saying Switch didn't do well because PS4 and XB1 performed better for Feb. CONTEXT would lead one to believe Switch didn't do bad given PS4 had better software launches and XB1 had the price cut. If you want to talk about context. So yeah saying Switch "didn't do particularly good" in a month where there wasn't anything driving sales is a Doomsday post. It's like Nov 2017 all over again. 

JRPGfan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

He said Feb NPD didnt look particular good for the Switch?
Whats there to own up to?

You think hes wrong? and 279k for the Switch is just fantastic or something?
its not horrible, but its not really great either.

Again this is makeing a mountain out of a molehill.
and playing the victim card and crying "nintedoom" jebus.

Consol wars are alive and well in this thread.

Again 279k isn't bad considering there weren't any new MAJOR titles driving hardware sales. 2nd biggest 1st Feb is nothing to sneeze at, 2nd only to Wii...yeah let's keep ignoring facts to push a narrative 

Victim? Crying? Let's not be dramatic here, none of us are profiting off who ever wins NPD  

chakkra said:

Yeah, I dont know how accusing someone of "saying dumb things" is not considered bullying.  

He said its losing momentum based on Feb sales.

Rol and I proved that to be false based on actual monthly/weekly data, yet he continued to say it.

If you continue to say things that are proven wrong than you are saying dumb things.

Would you not agree with that?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Congrats to quickrick. He was right. Took some time to get caught up. Been reading some at work tonight and more since being home.

To those who thought I was mocking quick, I was not. I was honestly expecting a switch win for February.

And if someone is mocking quick or bullying him, they need to stop. And quick, I’m definitely eating crow as part of our bet buddy :)

It's not really hard to predict when you predict the same thing every month. A broken clock is right twice a day... 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Thanks man. I hope you can get some fresh crow from the market :p