By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

zorg1000 said:
chakkra said:

Yeah, I dont know how accusing someone of "saying dumb things" is not considered bullying.  

He said its losing momentum based on Feb sales.

Rol and I proved that to be false based on actual monthly/weekly data, yet he continued to say it.

If you continue to say things that are proven wrong than you are saying dumb things.

Would you not agree with that?

it's all about context, you guys are just attacking for the sake of attacking. now even looks like losing momentum to me is the new falling of a cliff, lol. i mean you hear it in sports all the time its about perception. 

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Pavolink said:

This.

And if I'm not wrong, Switch would be gaining momentum:

Jan - ~270k - 5w - 54k per week

Feb - ~280k - 4w - 70k per week

if you look at it that way its gaining momentum, but consoles sales usually see a 70/80% increase in Feb compared to jan.  

It is not "in that way". It is the ONLY way.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

PortisheadBiscuit said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Congrats to quickrick. He was right. Took some time to get caught up. Been reading some at work tonight and more since being home.

To those who thought I was mocking quick, I was not. I was honestly expecting a switch win for February.

And if someone is mocking quick or bullying him, they need to stop. And quick, I’m definitely eating crow as part of our bet buddy :)

It's not really hard to predict when you predict the same thing every month. A broken clock is right twice a day... 

every prediction i been in the top 5, except December, but keep on hating, you're good at it.  i also keep winning my bets.

Pavolink said:
quickrick said:

if you look at it that way its gaining momentum, but consoles sales usually see a 70/80% increase in Feb compared to jan.  

yea if you ignore context.

quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

It's not really hard to predict when you predict the same thing every month. A broken clock is right twice a day... 

every prediction i been in the top 5, except December, but keep on hating, you're good at it.  i also keep winning my bets.

Whaaaaat?!? Top 5?? Do you have receipts for that? I know you supposedly won Nov on reset era, can't deny that. But what is this Top 5??  

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

Whaaaaat?!? Top 5?? Do you have receipts for that? I know you supposedly won Nov on reset era, can't deny that. But what is this Top 5??  

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/reply.php?id=234985"e=8754502 in top 5.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5019495/ in top 20

and this month i got switch and xbone numbers exactly right, 9k over on switch, and 310k exactly on xbox. 

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5196959/

quickrick said:
Pavolink said:

Define the context then. Real context, not the spin you are trying to do in this thread.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

He said its losing momentum based on Feb sales.

Rol and I proved that to be false based on actual monthly/weekly data, yet he continued to say it.

If you continue to say things that are proven wrong than you are saying dumb things.

Would you not agree with that?

it's all about context, you guys are just attacking for the sake of attacking. now even looks like losing momentum to me is the new falling of a cliff, lol. i mean you hear it in sports all the time its about perception. 

No, what you are doing is making up your own definitions of things.

Sales increased month over month in terms of overall sales and weekly average.

Excluding launch/holidays, Feb was tied for 3rd best overall sales in a month and tied for 2nd best weekly average.

In no way, shape or form can Switch sales in Feb be considered losing momentum and the expectations of random forum goers is irrelevant when discussing a consoles sales momentum.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pavolink said:
quickrick said:

Define the context then. Real context, not the spin you are trying to do in this thread.

i already stated the context, switch has been on par with ps4 every  month, it's momentum suggests it will keep doing ps4 numbers or more , but Feb it fell  behind by a big margin. i mean switch can do 300k in October, and sell 500k in november  technically it's  not losing momentum, but it is because it had a weak november.

quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/reply.php?id=234985"e=8754502 in top 5.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5019495/ in top 20

and this month i got switch and xbone numbers exactly right, 9k over on switch, and 310k exactly on xbox. 

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5196959/

I only see one top 5...

You've had some good guesses, but based on your nature of your posts I think they're more based on the hopes of Switch failing rather than solid market research. Look man, I'm not trying to HATE on you, it's just I find you extremely motivated to watch Switch fail and as a gamer I find that offensive. That may not be your intention at all, it just seems that way. 

I'll eat all the crow in Costo's poultry section if it turns out Switch declines this year. There's just too many reasons for it not to especially with a couple big titles and holiday bundles.