By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/reply.php?id=234985"e=8754502 in top 5.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5019495/ in top 20

and this month i got switch and xbone numbers exactly right, 9k over on switch, and 310k exactly on xbox. 

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5196959/

I only see one top 5...

You've had some good guesses, but based on your nature of your posts I think they're more based on the hopes of Switch failing rather than solid market research. Look man, I'm not trying to HATE on you, it's just I find you extremely motivated to watch Switch fail and as a gamer I find that offensive. That may not be your intention at all, it just seems that way. 

I'll eat all the crow in Costo's poultry section if it turns out Switch declines this year. There's just too many reasons for it not to especially with a couple big titles and holiday bundles. 

we all know switch is not gonna fail, it gonna do at least 70 million which is good.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Pavolink said:

Define the context then. Real context, not the spin you are trying to do in this thread.

i already stated the context, switch has been on par with ps4 every  month, it's momentum suggests it will keep doing ps4 numbers or more , but Feb it fell  behind by a big margin. i mean switch can do 300k in October, and sell 500k in november  technically it's  not losing momentum, but it is.

So technically it is not losing moment, but then it is. It is according to a random metric you are doing because Switch should be on par in the month where MH effect was on full on other consoles comparing it to a Bayonetta port.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
quickrick said:

i already stated the context, switch has been on par with ps4 every  month, it's momentum suggests it will keep doing ps4 numbers or more , but Feb it fell  behind by a big margin. i mean switch can do 300k in October, and sell 500k in november  technically it's  not losing momentum, but it is.

So technically it is not losing moment, but then it is. It is according to a random metric you are doing because Switch should be on par in the month where MH effect was on full on other consoles comparing it to a Bayonetta port.

i'm not talking about about this year, ps4 in 2016, and 2017 did over 400k in FEB, but really momentum slowed this month, and it's not a big  deal it can regain it next month.

quickrick said:
Pavolink said:

i'm not talking about about this year, ps4 in 2016, and 2017 did over 400k in FEB, but really momentum slowed this month, and it's not a big  deal it can regain it next month.

So ps4 is the one losing moment. Not Switch. Good, my mistake.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

zorg1000 said:
chakkra said:

Yeah, I dont know how accusing someone of "saying dumb things" is not considered bullying.  

He said its losing momentum based on Feb sales.

Rol and I proved that to be false based on actual monthly/weekly data, yet he continued to say it.

If you continue to say things that are proven wrong than you are saying dumb things.

Would you not agree with that?

No. I do not agree with that. Even if he was wrong in his assertion.

And you know why? Because no matter how much logical you and others think your reasoning is, at the end of the day, NOTHING IS SET ON STONE. 

And just as a little reminder:  last month you sat on your computer, gathered all of your data, all of your logical reasoning and all of your proofs and got to his conclusion:

"This month ill go with NSW-370k"  zorg1000 on 28 February 2018

While he got this:

"[NSW] 280K"  quickrick on 28 February 2018

So sorry, but I think TODAY he is more entitled to mock you than the other way around.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
zorg1000 said:

He said its losing momentum based on Feb sales.

Rol and I proved that to be false based on actual monthly/weekly data, yet he continued to say it.

If you continue to say things that are proven wrong than you are saying dumb things.

Would you not agree with that?

No. I do not agree with that. Even if he was wrong in his assertion.

And you know why? Because no matter how much logical you and others think your reasoning is, at the end of the day, NOTHING IS SET ON STONE. 

And just as a little reminder:  last month you sat on your computer, gathered all of your data, all of your logical reasoning and all of your proofs and got to his conclusion:

"This month ill go with NSW-370k"  zorg1000 on 28 February 2018

While he got this:

"[NSW] 280K"  quickrick on 28 February 2018

So sorry, but I think TODAY he is more entitled to mock you than the other way around.

You dont agree that claiming wrong things are right when they are proven wrong is dumb?

IT IS SET IN STONE BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SALES OF A MONTH THAT ALREADY HAPPENED.

He said momentum dropped in February, this is 100% an incorrect statement and he continued to say it after it was proven otherwise.

Yep, my predictions were way off this month, go ahead and mock me for it, but guess what? Thats irrelevant to the discussion, we arent talking about future predictions, we are talking about an analysis of known sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:
Pavolink said:

Define the context then. Real context, not the spin you are trying to do in this thread.

i already stated the context, switch has been on par with ps4 every  month, it's momentum suggests it will keep doing ps4 numbers or more , but Feb it fell  behind by a big margin. i mean switch can do 300k in October, and sell 500k in november  technically it's  not losing momentum, but it is because it had a weak november.

The thing you described is right. But that thing is called "marketshare" and not momentum. There is a different between "we arent hitting our sales targets" and "our competitor is doing better than us".

And the bar of momentum isnt "PS4 numbers" its what Nintendo wants it to be, the numbers they want to hit (and based on that, they are probably above it)

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

It's been a whole day and we are still going with the whole Switch is losing Momentum thing? Really? Can we just give it up. Switch still had a really good February despite the fact that it finished in 3Rd place. There are multiple reasons for finishing in 3Rd place and had Switch recieved MHW I guarantee you things would be different. Switch isn't losing Momentum at all. It's February sales are highest than January, still higher than a few of the months from last year's NPD's and it currently has the second highest 1St February so far.

I just don't see how when two Consoles that have probably the biggest game of the year so far outsell the Switch for one month you can say that it correlates to Switch losing Momentum when in fact the other two consoles are just having an amazing month;

quickrick said:
Pavolink said:

How did the PS5 do in Feb 2015? Because that's closer to where it was in its lifetime to where the Switch is now in its. Can we really say the Switch is losing momentum when we're comparing it to a console that either just had or is about to have its peak year?

flashfire926 said:
quickrick said:

i already stated the context, switch has been on par with ps4 every  month, it's momentum suggests it will keep doing ps4 numbers or more , but Feb it fell  behind by a big margin. i mean switch can do 300k in October, and sell 500k in november  technically it's  not losing momentum, but it is because it had a weak november.

The thing you described is right. But that thing is called "marketshare" and not momentum. There is a different between "we arent hitting our sales targets" and "our competitor is doing better than us".

And the bar of momentum isnt "PS4 numbers" its what Nintendo wants it to be, the numbers they want to hit (and based on that, they are probably above it)

I think we need to put the momentum argument to rest. i made it clear  that momentum looks like its slowing down to me, this is my opinion. there for it can't be wrong, its like a sport announcer saying momentum looks like its shifting from one team to another its just his opinion.