By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

Medisti said:
quickrick said:

i'm not talking about about this year, ps4 in 2016, and 2017 did over 400k in FEB, but really momentum slowed this month, and it's not a big  deal it can regain it next month.

How did the PS5 do in Feb 2015? Because that's closer to where it was in its lifetime to where the Switch is now in its. Can we really say the Switch is losing momentum when we're comparing it to a console that either just had or is about to have its peak year?

342k  if i remember correctly.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Medisti said:

How did the PS5 do in Feb 2015? Because that's closer to where it was in its lifetime to where the Switch is now in its. Can we really say the Switch is losing momentum when we're comparing it to a console that either just had or is about to have its peak year?

342k  if i remember correctly.

If you're remembering correctly, I am incredibly impressed that the PS4 has remained so consistent even three years later.

Here’s what I think:

The Switch isn’t losing momentum but it did sell less than people expected.
The PS4 continues to exceed expectations. For a 5th year console at $299 to sell that many units is impressive. I think we can all agree that even if the Switch is considered gen 8, that the PS4 will win this generation.

Medisti said:
quickrick said:

i'm not talking about about this year, ps4 in 2016, and 2017 did over 400k in FEB, but really momentum slowed this month, and it's not a big  deal it can regain it next month.

Feb 2015

PS4-342k

XBO-276k

Major releases that month

Evolve (PS4,XBO)

Dying Light (PS4,XBO)

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4,XBO)

The Order: 1886 (PS4)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Medisti said:

Feb 2015

PS4-342k

XBO-276k

Evolve (PS4,XBO)

Dying Light (PS4,XBO)

Ah, the days when The Order: 1886 was an anticipated release.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Medisti said:

Feb 2015

PS4-342k

XBO-276k

Evolve (PS4,XBO)

Dying Light (PS4,XBO)

3ds actually did around 400k, IDK how.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Feb 2015

PS4-342k

XBO-276k

Evolve (PS4,XBO)

Dying Light (PS4,XBO)

New 3DS XL launch+Majora's Mask 3D+Monster Hunter 4

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

oh ok that makes sense.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

oh ok that makes sense.

I believe it was basically tied for 2nd best non-holiday month 3DS ever had.

Oct 2013-455k (Pokemon X/Y+2DS)

March 2011-398k (launch month)

Feb 2015-395 (New 3DS+MM3D+MH4U)

damn...look at these dudes arguing and trying to score a win over one another. I bet all the warriors will look back later in life and regret wasting time on such petty things.