By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

BlackBeauty said:
JRPGfan said: 

Nintendo themselves stated they are planning to ship 25 - 30 million switches this year alone.

They never once stated that

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
nemo37 said:
quickrick said:

umm i check daily as well, as of now mario is on top followed by ps4, then xbox then switch it's been like that the whole month.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat748302046757&st=pcmcat748302046757_categoryid%24abcat0700000&qp=&sp=-bestsellingsort%20skuidsaas

I think the link you are using is flawed. I used a similar link, because it was the only direct way to access the entire Best Buy database for games, but the link sorts not only based on best selling but also based on best ranking.

My link (posted below) does not take rankings into consideration (since it is not relevant to sales) and only sorts what is tagged as a "console" based on sales.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=console&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=-bestsellingsort%20skuidsaas&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All%20Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

I don't know man, my link seems more realistic it was only February where it started beating switch, and after the discounted xbox it started beating switch as well, and it came out be true for NPD. 

Acevil said:
BlackBeauty said:

Vgchartz 

im going by Nintendo official report. It was 14.86 million in December. It has sold 400K in Japan alone since December.

400K japan 

650K US

it should be at 18 - 19 million by their next investor meeting. (April)

Nintendo themselves stated they are planning to ship 25 - 35 million switches this year alone.

So 40 million is understatement.

I think you are being too optimistic. I think it will between 16-18 million not higher. 

I’m not optimistic or pessimistic. This is based on data.

16 million? So you’re saying the switch sold just 1 million more since December. 

The switch has sold 1 million + ww per month. It got a bump in March due to smash plus Kirby and another bump is coming because of Labo.

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

Is it? Then how come that your views of PS always tend to be positive while your views of Nintendo always tend to be negative? It looks like the conclusions get drawn before analyses are made.

Because that's how i believe sales will end up. how can anybody not be positive when looking at playstation console sales, even sony biggest mistake sold 90 million.

Vita

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

JRPGfan said:
zorg1000 said:

Nobody is bullying him, getting called out for saying dumb things is not the same as being bullied.

In this very thread he said that Switch is losing momentum. Rol & I posted all of the non-launch/holiday months and this is one of Switch's best. Its tied for 3rd in monthly sales and tied for 2nd in weekly average which is proof that momentum in not being lost.

Instead of asmitting its not losing momentum, he doubled down on the statement and followed it up with this

"labo will flop, and switch will flat line this year, and  that's if nintendo drops the price during the holidays"

Again, hes not getting bullied, hes getting called out for the incorrect & flammatory comments he makes.

Hes not bullied hes just being called out for incorrect & flammatory comments.

1) that sounds like a prediction.
2) thats not flammatory
3) you dont know if its incorrect
4) because of 2+3 you shouldnt "call him out" on it, which to me people do to a degree that looks like bullying.

Lets see how Labo does, and if Switch is flat this year.
If Switch sells more than 15m this year, and Labo is a huge success feel free to gloat at Quickrick for being wrong.

When you say something, get proven wrong with actual data, then double down on the previous statement, you deserve to be called out and mocked.

Having a prediction is fine, having a prediction based on a false belief is not. His prediction that it will flatline is based on his false belief that momentum has dropped (again, actual monthly/weekly data disproves this belief).

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:
Acevil said:

I think you are being too optimistic. I think it will between 16-18 million not higher. 

I’m not optimistic or pessimistic. This is based on data.

16 million? So you’re saying the switch sold just 1 million more since December. 

The switch has sold 1 million + ww per month. It got a bump in March due to smash plus Kirby and another bump is coming because of Labo.

You know what I agree with that statement on 16 million. However what I should have said I do not think it will be above 3 million for the quarter. Given Kirby could be insane, and I could be wrong. So for now I think it will be 17-18 million min and max. 

JRPGfan said:
zorg1000 said:

Nobody is bullying him, getting called out for saying dumb things is not the same as being bullied.

In this very thread he said that Switch is losing momentum. Rol & I posted all of the non-launch/holiday months and this is one of Switch's best. Its tied for 3rd in monthly sales and tied for 2nd in weekly average which is proof that momentum in not being lost.

Instead of asmitting its not losing momentum, he doubled down on the statement and followed it up with this

"labo will flop, and switch will flat line this year, and  that's if nintendo drops the price during the holidays"

Again, hes not getting bullied, hes getting called out for the incorrect & flammatory comments he makes.

2) thats not flammatory
4) because of 2+3 you shouldnt "call him out" on it, which to me people do to a degree that looks like bullying.

If Switch sells more than 15m this year, and Labo is a huge success feel free to gloat at Quickrick for being wrong.

No, we know its incorrect. Its impossible for the Nintendo to not sell-in more then 14.86 million switches this year.

He is only here to cause flames. He claims that he is very confident Xbox will outsell Switch lifetime, yet when I tell him to take the bet against me, he quickly backs off.

edit: also, his egregious claims that Switch momentum is slowing, when there is hard data that it isnt.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

zorg1000 said:
BlackBeauty said:

Nintendo themselves stated they are planning to ship 25 - 30 million switches this year alone.

They never once said that

Before the switch launch (Feb 2017), kimishima stated the switch will surpass the Wii:

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826970477562171392?s=20

Jan 2018

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/11/10/nintendo-reportedly-upping-switch-production-to-25-30-million-units-in-2018

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_president_aims_for_20_million_switch_units_to_be_shipped_next_year

BlackBeauty said:
JRPGfan said:

Frontpage has it at 15,2m.

Thats not really close to 20m.
Also even if the switch does sell 20m this year, it wont reach 40m by holidays this year.

Im not saying its impossible,... but its highly unlikely it ll be at 40m by the holidays.

Vgchartz 

im going by Nintendo official report. It was 14.86 million in December. It has sold 400K in Japan alone since December.

400K japan 

650K US

it should be at 18 - 19 million by their next investor meeting. (April)

So 40 million is an understatement.

I ll be surprised if its close to 40m by this holidays.... lets just say that.

It seems highly unlikely to me.
I also dont understand why Nintendo would make 25-30m of them, and I doubt they ll do even 20m this year (sold through).

Id love to be proved wrong though, feel free to quote this in years time.

zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

2) thats not flammatory

When you say something, get proven wrong with actual data, then double down on the previous statement, you deserve to be called out and mocked.

Having a prediction is fine, having a prediction based on a false belief is not. His prediction that it will flatline is based on his false belief that momentum has dropped (again, actual monthly/weekly data disproves this belief).

so you have data already showing switch will beat last years? and you have data already showing labo won't flop?