By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Who do you think will win Eurovision 2018?

BELGIUM: Sennek - A Matter of Time

BULGARIA: Equinox - Bones 0 0%

CROATIA: Franka - Crazy 1 3.45%

ESTONIA: Elina Nechayeva - La forza 0 0%

FRANCE: Madame Monsieur - Mercy 2 6.90%

GERMANY: Michael Schulte ... 2 6.90%

ISRAEL: Netta Barzilai - Toy 2 6.90%

ITALY: Ermal Meta & F... 3 10.34%

None of the above 19 65.52%

Total:29

Never heard of it. Watched a YouTube video highlighting some (maybe all) of the songs... all of them seemed like very low production quality. Not the music, but the videos themselves. Is this a competition between famous artists, or are these up-and-coming artists?

You'll have to excuse me, I'm a white, privileged, American man that likes to listen to pop-rap crap, and block out most of what's going on in the rest of the world, unless it involves paying someone in another country to do my work for me at a fifth the price.

Sorry, maybe I should edit that last part out. It started as a joke, I swear! :(

Around the Network

Never heard of any of them. I'll choose Sweden for Swedish reasons. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

RaptorChrist said:
Never heard of it. Watched a YouTube video highlighting some (maybe all) of the songs... all of them seemed like very low production quality. Not the music, but the videos themselves. Is this a competition between famous artists, or are these up-and-coming artists?

Eurovision is not a music video competition. Since all of the artists have to sing live at the stage, the music video is irrelevant.

The artists usually are either not well known at all or relatively famous only in their respective country.

Most people that watch the show have no idea who these people are, so it's more of a song contest than a popularity contest.

B O I

Eurovision 😀. I really see no distinct song that can win the whole thing tbh at the moment. Israel is a contender and I can definately see it doing really well but Imo it would be a disappointing winner for me. Estonia (second in the odds currently) has absolutely no chance of winning, might even struggle to crack the top 10 tbh.

Dance you off is my alarm at the moment and definately one of my favourite songs, might compete for the win if other songs don't deliver in terms of staging. (Would have preferred if Felix Sandman "Every single day" had won melodifestivalen though ;P)

France will crack the top 10 but disappoint like in 2016 (Even though they're song is really good)

Rybak's song is nice but would struggle to qualify with any singer, I can see him managing a top 10 result though.

Can't wait for May lol

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Prediction:

1. Czech Republic
2. Israel
3. Spain
4. Bulgaria
5. Belgium
6. Sweden
7. Netherlands
8. Norway
9. Portugal
10. Finland

Personal top 10:

1. Hungary
2. Italy
3. Belarus
4. Denmark
5. Belgium
6. Portugal
7. Netherlands
8. Estonia
9. Albania
10. Lithuania

Around the Network

Voted for France but I could see Belgium winning as well! It's definitely one of the strongest year ever, love all entries in my top 20 which rarely occurs.

It's a shame there are still many people with a negative view of the contest. It might not be perfect but it's trully something very unique and I mean there has to be a least one song everyy year that you'll enjoy. Unless someone only likes a genre of music but that's actually quite sad.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Flilix said:
Prediction:

1. Czech Republic
2. Israel
3. Spain
4. Bulgaria
5. Belgium
6. Sweden
7. Netherlands
8. Norway
9. Portugal
10. Finland

New prediction:

1. Bulgaria
2. Israel
3. Australia
4. Czech Republic
5. Greece
6. Italy
7. Sweden
8. Netherlands
9. Spain
10. Estonia

LuccaCardoso1 said:
vivster said:
Not the UK.

Yeah, that I'm sure. "Storm" is so underwhelming when compared to last year's song.

as if UK could win regardless of the quality of their song

Flilix said:
Flilix said:
Prediction:

1. Czech Republic
2. Israel
3. Spain
4. Bulgaria
5. Belgium
6. Sweden
7. Netherlands
8. Norway
9. Portugal
10. Finland

New prediction:

1. Bulgaria
2. Israel
3. Australia
4. Czech Republic
5. Greece
6. Italy
7. Sweden
8. Netherlands
9. Spain
10. Estonia

You don't think France is going to be in the top 10?! And what about Hungary? Both imo will finnish top 5.

celador said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Yeah, that I'm sure. "Storm" is so underwhelming when compared to last year's song.

as if UK could win regardless of the quality of their song

They could if they send much stronger and competitive songs, I have never voted for the UK since I started watching in 2004 because they were never my favourites.

I do like Storm though, it's my 10th but I usually only end up voting for 2-3 countries so...

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Never listen in advance, so I have no personal faves, except a personal negative of our own entry. It sucks.

In any case, I find it more difficult to watch Eurovision from one year into another, because of the crappy winning songs. Italy was robbed last year, and Australia was robbed in 2016.