By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Who do you think will win Eurovision 2018?

BELGIUM: Sennek - A Matter of Time

BULGARIA: Equinox - Bones 0 0%

CROATIA: Franka - Crazy 1 3.45%

ESTONIA: Elina Nechayeva - La forza 0 0%

FRANCE: Madame Monsieur - Mercy 2 6.90%

GERMANY: Michael Schulte ... 2 6.90%

ISRAEL: Netta Barzilai - Toy 2 6.90%

ITALY: Ermal Meta & F... 3 10.34%

None of the above 19 65.52%

Total:29

BTW, I believe the best/most objective metric for judging the ESC songs is by simply looking at the sales charts afterwards.

Because while the ESC voting is heavily influenced by various emotional factors, the actual song sales are a much better/more objective indication of how much people actually enjoy a specific song.

For example, in 2014, "Conchita Wurst" won the ESC with "Rise like a Phoenix" - but her song pretty much completely failed in the charts afterwards. The second-placed "Calm after the storm" however became an international hit.

Or has anyone ever heard the winning song from 2016 ("1944" from "Jamala"/Ukraine) again afterwards? Just a single time? "If I were sorry" from "Frans"/Sweden, which only came fifth that year, is still quite often being played on the radio over here, two years later...

So which ESC song do you believe will do best in the charts?

Around the Network

I would have liked for Spain to win, that was a really nice song but I'm honestly GLAD that Israel won. Well done Israel, you're the best

As for the UK, I can't help but feel a political vote here... hum hum.. Brexi...hum!

Their song was catchy and it deserved a higher ranking, but yeah, you guys are against Europe and are still taking part in European contests so it felt like Europe (not just the EU) was telling you we believe in being "in" but if guys go for "out" then it's going to be "out" all the way. At least that's how I felt about that vote.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 13 May 2018

I'm sorry but what kind of new drugs are people taking in Europe these days?

Isreal's song like wtf. Must have been tripping on something good to like this shit.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Pls anyone but fucking Israel, that song was cancer.

Welcome to 2018, all you have to do is complain about your issues, and people will vote for you out of pity. 

Cobretti2 said:
I'm sorry but what kind of new drugs are people taking in Europe these days?

Isreal's song like wtf. Must have been tripping on something good to like this shit.

In the case of Eurovision, I think the problem is a lack of drugs.

Around the Network

There were surprisingly few bad songs this year, but somehow one of the worst got the win. Probably comes down to the fat chick bonus and, more importantly, men everywhere saying that the song sucks, so women voted for the song out of spite because they thought the song was said to suck because of its message.

I have a hard time remembering which song I liked the most, but probably Finland. What's for sure is that the songs I like usually don't finish in the top 10.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Didn't really bother to even watch the actual event, but I went and listened to most of the songs afterwards and surprisingly there were three pretty good ones this year. Estonia had a good one, with a great singer and show, Denmark's song was good as well, with a really nice epic vibe to it, and Hungary also stood out nicely with their rock/metal performance. The rest I don't even remember anymore, even though I watched most of the songs yesterday.

As far as the winner, I think the singer wasn't bad, but the song itself got really annoying really fast. Still, I don't really expect anything good from Eurovision these days, so three songs I actually liked is a pretty good record all things considered.

I saw a bit of the song by the winner.... Yeah, europe can have that shit. I'm glad I don't pay much to their entertainment.

Aeolus451 said:
I saw a bit of the song by the winner.... Yeah, europe can have that shit. I'm glad I don't pay much to their entertainment.

in 15 days no one remembers who she is.

Arguably the best song ever in the entire history of the Eurovision Song Contest: The 1995 Norway song. Nocturne by Secret Garden. As someone else said, it's so beautiful it hurts.