By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Who do you think will win Eurovision 2018?

BELGIUM: Sennek - A Matter of Time

BULGARIA: Equinox - Bones 0 0%

CROATIA: Franka - Crazy 1 3.45%

ESTONIA: Elina Nechayeva - La forza 0 0%

FRANCE: Madame Monsieur - Mercy 2 6.90%

GERMANY: Michael Schulte ... 2 6.90%

ISRAEL: Netta Barzilai - Toy 2 6.90%

ITALY: Ermal Meta & F... 3 10.34%

None of the above 19 65.52%

Total:29

18th

So Israel huh, I guess I’m fine with that song winning. I’m glad it wasn’t Cyprus, I didn’t like her Beyonce impersonation. I was rooting for Austria to maintain it’s jury win.

Around the Network

Flilix said: 

I fear that this year is going to be like 2016, lots of great songs but a horrible winner.

Flilix said:
UK is fifth in the odds now.

Am I deaf or are the bookmakers drunk?

The bookmakers were drunk.

Lol just seen China censored most of Irelands performance because it had some sort of homosexual references.

Like wtf is wrong with them!

Israel was fresh, but the cheap chicken show was nowhere close to Cyprus's world class performance :/

bookmakers and juries have been pure fail this year, bookmakers predicted Ireland 3rd but came 14th, and juries ranked Italy's great song 17th where they public placed it 3rd

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I didn't watch the ESC yesterday, but read lots of ESC-related tweets this morning. So many of them were complaining about the winning song to be really bad, usually comparing the artist with a chicken and her performance with the "chicken dance".

I believed this was just the usual Twitter-exaggerations - until I actually watched the winning performance.
Jeez, what a crap.

Around the Network

BTW, I believe the best/most objective metric for judging the ESC songs is by simply looking at the sales charts afterwards.

Because while the ESC voting is heavily influenced by various emotional factors, the actual song sales are a much better/more objective indication of how much people actually enjoy a specific song.

For example, in 2014, "Conchita Wurst" won the ESC with "Rise like a Phoenix" - but her song pretty much completely failed in the charts afterwards. The second-placed "Calm after the storm" however became an international hit.

Or has anyone ever heard the winning song from 2016 ("1944" from "Jamala"/Ukraine) again afterwards? Just a single time? "If I were sorry" from "Frans"/Sweden, which only came fifth that year, is still quite often being played on the radio over here, two years later...

So which ESC song do you believe will do best in the charts?

I would have liked for Spain to win, that was a really nice song but I'm honestly GLAD that Israel won. Well done Israel, you're the best

As for the UK, I can't help but feel a political vote here... hum hum.. Brexi...hum!

Their song was catchy and it deserved a higher ranking, but yeah, you guys are against Europe and are still taking part in European contests so it felt like Europe (not just the EU) was telling you we believe in being "in" but if guys go for "out" then it's going to be "out" all the way. At least that's how I felt about that vote.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 13 May 2018

I'm sorry but what kind of new drugs are people taking in Europe these days?

Isreal's song like wtf. Must have been tripping on something good to like this shit.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Pls anyone but fucking Israel, that song was cancer.

Welcome to 2018, all you have to do is complain about your issues, and people will vote for you out of pity. 

Cobretti2 said:
I'm sorry but what kind of new drugs are people taking in Europe these days?

Isreal's song like wtf. Must have been tripping on something good to like this shit.

In the case of Eurovision, I think the problem is a lack of drugs.