By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the Best Selling Game This Year?

What will be the best Selling Game This Year?

FIFA 18 2 2.35%

Battlefeild 5 1 1.18%

Black Ops III 32 37.65%

Smash Bros For Switch 14 16.47%

Nintend Labo 1 1.18%

Red Dead Redemption 2 29 34.12%

Other 6 7.06%

Total:85
jason1637 said:

There are lots of big games coming out this year and i want to see what most people think will be the best selling game. This is based up VGC retail sales.

1. FIFA 19. Fifa 18 sold 13 million in 2017

2.. Battlefeild 5. Battlefeild 1 sold 10.1 million  in 2016

3. Black Ops IIII. Black Ops 3 sold 19.45 million in 2015

4. Smash Bros For Switch. Smash 4 sold 8.3 million in 2014

5. Nintend Labo. 

6. Red Dead Redemption 2. Red Dead Redemption sold 7.1 million in 2010.

7. Other.

I think CoD Black Ops IIII will come out on top with atleast 20 million units followed by RDR with 15-18 million.

Edit: Made an error with the poll. FIFA 18 IS SUPPOSE TO BE FIFA 19.

Its gonna be a shooter per usual which is so annoying.  Also why wasnt far cry 5 on this list its a much more sure thing than nintendo labo which is uber gimmicky, and wont have any real legs once people realize how generic and cut and paste it actually is.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I'm scared to know the numbers if they drop Pokemon this year, thats doubtful,but if it does happen then no game stands a chance against it

In 2017 CoD WWII sold 16.89m Physical Only, including digital+PC we could put that number at around 19-20.5m

S&M managed to ship+digital 16.05m in it's release year, which probably equates to a sell-through of ~14-15m, Pokemon on Switch could match that with half the install base which would be a great achievement, but reaching 19m+ sell-through and outselling CoD is a big stretch. So rather than not standing a chance, odds are in favour of CoD.

Though that's not to say it doesn't have a chance of beating the odds, pokemon could certainly take it.

With the Switch momentum has right now. If Pokemon is holiday and also bundled. I feel it has an easy shot at topping something like COD due to the success in Japan alone that it would fuel with home console and handheld pokemon all in one. It's gonna be monstrous whenever it does release

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I don't think MHW is something to leave off that list.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

zorg1000 said:
chakkra said:

Wait, I'm confused here. Doesn't Amazon have Smash Bros listed for Dec, 31st?

Ever hear of a placeholder?

I had seen the word before but never really stopped to think about it (mind you, english is not my native language).  Now, doing a quick research in Google I got to the conclusion that it is basically a temporary date until the official reveal, am I right?.

But anyways, that wouldn't change my answer. I still think it doesn't stand a chance against the big three.

I think RDR2 will be the best selling game this yea, followed by black ops 4,BF5 and FIFA.

Around the Network

Call of Duty is a lock for the USA in sales.

Azuren said:
I don't think MHW is something to leave off that list.

Same, it's doing really well as far as I know

Y’all are overestimating Cod BO4 and severely underestimating Red Dead 2.

Should be Call of Duty. Only thing that sort of gives me pause is how strong sales for Odyssey were. If Smash gets a similar bump, it could compete.

PokeMan