By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the Best Selling Game This Year?

What will be the best Selling Game This Year?

FIFA 18 2 2.35%

Battlefeild 5 1 1.18%

Black Ops III 32 37.65%

Smash Bros For Switch 14 16.47%

Nintend Labo 1 1.18%

Red Dead Redemption 2 29 34.12%

Other 6 7.06%

Total:85

Probability matrix looks something like

70% Call of Duty will take #1
10% FIFA
5% RDR2
5% Monster Hunter World will become as popular worldwide as it is in Japan and take #1
10% Some other surprise hit comes out of nowhere and takes #1.

I should start a betting pool.

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
Pretty sure Labo will flop.

That's what I think, but mind you I also thought (and I wasn't the only one) that Wii would flop. 

It’s going to be Blops IIII and it won’t be close imho.

CoD is on decline, and has been for some time. Battlefield 5 will do better than CoD IMO.

As for which will sell most? I am going with Smash (provided it is a NEW entry and not a port) because the Switch is a hot item right now and that is the next big game on the horizon that we know of. Fifa could take it though due to being multiplat though. Red Dead 2 and Battlefield 5 will be a near 3rd and forth.

Just my 2 rupees.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

CoD.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Shiken said:
CoD is on decline, and has been for some time. Battlefield 5 will do better than CoD IMO.

As for which will sell most? I am going with Smash because the Switch is a hot item right now and that is the next big game on the horizon that we know of. Fifa could take it though due to being multiplat. Red Dead 2 and Battlefield 5 will be a near 3rd and forth.

Just my 2 rupees.

Wanna bet?

Sure why not, lets have some fun.  Let me go on record saying I know I am the underdog here, but CoD is getting worse and worse.  With the recent explosion in massive scale shooter popularity with PUBG, I feel Battlefield stands a decent shot (despite past numbers sayong otherwise).  Also I want to see CoD fall lol.

Shiken said:

Battlefield 1 sold 12.34m on console at retail, Blackops 3 sold ~24m...

Other than Infinite Warfare, CoD really hasn't been in a notable decline.

Dr.Vita said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

2016, beaten by Pokemon, Fifa and Uncharted.

2014, Pokemon again

2013, GTAV and Pokemon

2006-2010: Anything the Wii and DS churned out

So it's actually not that often that CoD was leading unless you add up all versions. And Fifa is doing worse than I remembered.

But considering Pokemon consistently beat CoD, if Pokemon would be to come out this year for the Switch, it should take the first spot. Otherwise, CoD, Fifa and Smash will likely duke it out on top

It's hilarious how you don't include all versions of third-party games to make Nintendo games look stronger. lol

You missed the point, look my second post for the clarification

Also, wer im Glashaus sitzt...

Ka-pi96 said:
Shiken said:

Sure why not, lets have some fun.  Let me go on record saying I know I am the underdog here, but CoD is getting worse and worse.  With the recent explosion in massive scale shooter popularity with PUBG, I feel Battlefield stands a decent shot (despite past numbers sayong otherwise).  Also I want to see CoD fall lol.

Alright, standard avatar control bet then? 2 weeks perhaps?

And on what do you want to base the bet, 2018 sales only? Official shipments (if released)? VGC figures?

Avatar control sounds good.  2018 figures, official if available, VGChartz if not.

Mar1217 said:
Yeh, thinking about it, if Battlefield (2018) goes out this year in the same period as COD, then they might divide the flow of sales between the shooter enthusiast base,

COD IIII won't sale as much as COD WII just by the presence of Battlefield.

That's way too big a conclusion to draw.

CoD: Ghosts launched alongside Battlefield 4, and still sold more than Blackops 3 which wasn't alongside any Battlefield title.