By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey VS. Other 3D Marios

CaptainExplosion said:

I've been looking at the lifetime sales of all other 3D Mario games, and compared them to how Mario Odyssey is doing so far.

Super Mario 64: 11.89 million (First)

Super Mario Sunshine: 6.31 million (Seventh)

Super Mario 64 DS: 10.32 million (Fourth)

Super Mario Galaxy: 11.39 million (Second)

Super Mario Galaxy 2: 7.57 million (Sixth)

Super Mario 3D Land: 11.19 million (Third)

Super Mario 3D World: 4.97 million (Eighth)

Super Mario Odyssey: 7.99 million (Fifth, so far)

What position on there do you think Mario Odyssey will be lifetime? Might at least be second or third in the end, if it keeps selling at the rate it has been. :)

Mario Odyssey might just become the best selling 3D Mario game! Great news for Nintendo!

Around the Network

Mario will be the best selling 3D Mario game by summer. It'll hit 15 million by end of year.

Mario Galaxy still stands as my favorite Mario game

Mario Odyssey is 100% going to be the best selling 3D Mario.

The real question is by how much, I'm seriously wondering if this could reach 20 million, you never know.

I was surprised to hear at the earnings report that the game sold around 9 millions in a couple of months. My expectations were around 5-6m.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Given that it is already at 9 million I think 20 million is guaranteed. 25 million is the real question. I think it'll probably creep up to 25 million around the end of Switch's lifecycle.

SMO will be number one by year's end

Switch!!!

I don’t get the hype of odyssey. I finished it but it was so linear, felt like I was waiting for something great to happen. It never did. Give me mario 64 any day.

Odyssey has definitely been my most favorite 3D Mario game. Hopefully it'll end up the king of 3D Mario's in sales at the end.

Number one i believe.