By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 17 February 2018

Even if there is a big gap between Xone and the other consoles,it is still selling well all things considered. Europe is all into Sony.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:
Even if there is a big gap between Xone and the other consoles,it is still selling well all things considered. Europe is all into Sony.

Not really, 100k/week and 7-8m/year is kinda meh. Its not terrible but its not especially good either.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Sony has stopped making games specifically for Japan first party or through 2nd party for some reason. can't blame Japan for not investing that much  into the brand anymore. and the vita would have beaten the 3DS if it had big title support in japan. am actually gonna straight up say I feel bad for the Japanese playstation gamer. they used to get as much stuff as US (west) back in PS1 and PS2 days .nowdays sony doesn't give jack shit to them. Sony Japan no longer makes big titles really. and  they stopped collaborations with japanese 3rd party devs.

they have to buy a PS4 just to play MHW. cmon give them a good JRPG or something for gods sake. every playstation console sells less and less in Japan. the PS5 will probably not sell 5 million if the trend keeps up. PS2 sold 25 million there

still expecting a handheld from Sony next gen. hopefully they name it the PSP 2. not the vita 2. 

oh and btw. the PS4 has 13 months or so to beat the PS2 to be the fastest to 100m console. assuming it will sell like this. 1m per month. it won't beat the PS2. 

I would guess the PS4 is at about 80m (probably an over estimation). for it to beat the PS2  it would have to sell almost 1.6 million units per month. maybe God of War will sell a cpl million consoles quick. 

Last edited by MasterThief - on 10 March 2018

RolStoppable said:
PS4 on a downward spiral in recent weeks. Switch continues to be massively up year over year.

Downward spiral...lmao. It’s actually up in the US and stagnant in Europe. It just declines in Japan due to Monster Hunter being out for a few weeks already. You try too hard Rol.

RolStoppable said:
Errorist76 said:

Downward spiral...lmao. It’s actually up in the US and stagnant in Europe. It just declines in Japan due to Monster Hunter being out for a few weeks already. You try too hard Rol.

PS4 sales have been declining for the last three weeks. That's the truth.

I told you why. Don’t be so ignorant.

Around the Network
MasterThief said:

Sony has stopped making games specifically for Japan first party or through 2nd party for some reason. can't blame Japan for not investing that much  into the brand anymore. and the vita would have beaten the 3DS if it had big title support in japan. am actually gonna straight up say I feel bad for the Japanese playstation gamer. they used to get as much stuff as US (west) back in PS1 and PS2 days .nowdays sony doesn't give jack shit to them. Sony Japan no longer makes big titles really. and  they stopped collaborations with japanese 3rd party devs.

they have to buy a PS4 just to play MHW. cmon give them a good JRPG or something for gods sake. every playstation console sells less and less in Japan. the PS5 will probably not sell 5 million if the trend keeps up. PS2 sold 25 million there

still expecting a handheld from Sony next gen. hopefully they name it the PSP 2. not the vita 2. 

oh and btw. the PS4 has 13 months or so to beat the PS2 to be the fastest to 100m console. assuming it will sell like this. 1m per month. it won't beat the PS2. 

I would guess the PS4 is at about 80m (probably an over estimation). for it to beat the PS2  it would have to sell almost 1.6 million units per month. maybe God of War will sell a cpl million consoles quick. 

During E3 2006, Sony said the PS2 sold 80 millions units, it took 6 years to reach this point. I guess PS4 will end its 5th year with 90 millions so it's already doing better.

stop arguing. the console is reaching the last 2 years of its lifecycle. no reason to argue about the topic.

MasterThief said:

stop arguing. the console is reaching the last 2 years of its lifecycle. no reason to argue about the topic.

huh? it just had it's peak year(up until now) 

thats because its getting the more polished games now. happens every time

pastro243 said:
MasterThief said:

huh? it just had it's peak year(up until now) 

Ps5 next year ofc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.