By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 17 February 2018

pastro243 said:
When will we be able to see year to date numbers on the front page?

Ive been wondering the same thing, obviously its easy to figure out, just subtract the LTD numbers at the end of 2017 from the current LTD but its still nice to have.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

god of war will be the next game that will give ps4 hardware a big boost

Was hoping for a more noticeable effect from Bayonetta but ahwells. Kirby could provide a small spike, but I think it's all on Labo to significantly raise the baseline.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Was hoping for a more noticeable effect from Bayonetta but ahwells. Kirby could provide a small spike, but I think it's all on Labo to significantly raise the baseline.

I know alot of people are skeptical on Labo but i truly believe it will be a Wii Fit level success.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

How can the switch be up year over year when its not even been out that long,  the reason the PS4 is slowing down compared to the Switch is 80 million plus people already have a PS4 and only 15 million have a switch.  Come on be real.

Around the Network

PS4 has already done its job in my opinion. It's reached the pinnacle of it's sales potential much more optimistically than PS3. So it's already succeeded. Games like God of War, Detroit and Spiderman releasing now is just the icing on the cake. When you combine that with price drops of $50 to $100 for both PS4 and Pro you have a possible Holiday 2018 season of $199/$249 PS4 and $299/$349 PS4 Pro. Which will landslide that userbase number past 100 million consoles sold by the time PS5 is ready to take over!

zorg1000 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I know alot of people are skeptical on Labo but i truly believe it will be a Wii Fit level success.

Tbone51 alt confirmed!

eastcoastrider said:

How can the switch be up year over year when its not even been out that long,  the reason the PS4 is slowing down compared to the Switch is 80 million plus people already have a PS4 and only 15 million have a switch.  Come on be real.

Even once we get into April the Switch will still be ahead yoy at it's current rate. Also PS4 isn't even slowing down.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
zorg1000 said:

Tbone51 alt confirmed!

Lol im serious, i think it can be a huge hit among families.

It might be a slow burner to start but it will be one of the must have kids toys this holiday.

Vizigoth04 said:

PS4 has already done its job in my opinion. It's reached the pinnacle of it's sales potential much more optimistically than PS3. So it's already succeeded. Games like God of War, Detroit and Spiderman releasing now is just the icing on the cake. When you combine that with price drops of $50 to $100 for both PS4 and Pro you have a possible Holiday 2018 season of $199/$249 PS4 and $299/$349 PS4 Pro. Which will landslide that userbase number past 100 million consoles sold by the time PS5 is ready to take over!

Absolutely, when all is said and done it will be the 2nd best selling home console of all time and 3rd best selling even when including handhelds. Huge success!

Hiku said:
Errorist76 said:

Of course it will..that doesn’t mean PS5 won’t release in 2019 or 2020 latest though.

I find a 2019 release to be very hard to believe at this point. 2017 was the best year for PS4 in terms of hardware sales, and I believe it was also the best for software and services (PS+). The way things are going, it's not outside the realm of possibility that 2018 will produce similar numbers. So what would be the strategy in releasing PS5 at that point?
There's also PS4 Pro and XB1X that help serve as an incentive for those who are looking for something a bit more powerful midway through a console generation.

This is how i see it

2019 is the earliest

2020 is most likely

2021 is the latest