By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Switch Overtake the Xbox One in the USA?

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Nintendo consoles lose momentum faster than Xbox based on what exactly?

Xbox

Launch-Nov 2001

Peak-2004 (3rd year)

Replaced-Nov 2005

Launch-Nov 2005

Peak-2011 (6th year)

Replaced-Nov 2013

What does a normal cycle for Xbox look like?

Here are the Nintendo consoles since 2001

GBA

Launch-June 2001

Peak-2003 (3rd year)

Replaced-Nov 2004

GC

Launch-Nov 2001

Peak-2003 (2nd year)

Replaced-Nov 2006

DS

Launch-Nov 2004

Peak-2008 or 2009 (4th/5th year)

Replaced-March 2011

Wii

Launch-Nov 2006

Peak-2008 (2nd year)

Replaced-Nov 2012

3DS

Launch-March 2011

Peak-2011 (1st year)

Replaced-March 2017

Wii U

Launch-Nov 2012

Peak-2014 (2nd year)

Replaced-March 2017

Based on that when does a normal Xbox console lose momentum and when does a normal Nintendo console lose momentum?

If Switch was just a home console than you could make a good guess but its also a handheld which are not nearly as consistent.

Saying Nintendo consoles normally lose momentum faster than Xbox consoles is based on absolutely nothing.

please show me a console that started off amazing like wii, n64, and 3ds, and ended with such a low ltd, in regards to there early performance in the US.

Wow what an answer.

You cant just take 3 out of 10 consoles and make a conclusion off that. On top of that 1 of your 3 examples makes no sense because Wii did amazing in the US, over 40 million.

Also you ignored the point about Xbox having only 2 consoles to base things on which had completely different cycles so no conclusion about a "normal" Xbox can be made.

Ill repeat it, saying Nintendo consoles lose monentum faster than Xbox consoles is based on absolutely nothing.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

please show me a console that started off amazing like wii, n64, and 3ds, and ended with such a low ltd, in regards to there early performance in the US.

Wow what an answer.

You cant just take 3 out of 10 consoles and make a conclusion off that. On top of that 1 of your 3 examples makes no sense because Wii did amazing in the US, over 40 million.

Also you ignored the point about Xbox having only 2 consoles to base things on which had completely different cycles so no conclusion about a "normal" Xbox can be made.

Ill repeat it, saying Nintendo consoles lose monentum faster than Xbox consoles is based on absolutely nothing.

wii did amazing, but it for the pace it was selling at it should have did much better, if someone said 360 would out sell wii in the US, the first 2-3 years, you would have been called insane, or worse. anyway i'm not trying to go back multiple gens, but the last few  successful  nintedo consoles, wii, and 3ds, lost momentum faster then any consoles in history for the pace they were sellin at. so if you think thats based on nothing it's your opinion.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Wow what an answer.

wii did amazing, but it for the pace it was selling at it should have did much better, if someone said 360 would out sell wii in the US, the first 2-3 years, you would have been called insane, or worse. anyway i'm not trying to go back multiple gens, but the last few  successful  nintedo consoles, wii, and 3ds, lost momentum faster then any consoles in history for the pace they were sellin at.

I went back to when Xbox came on the market, a pretty logical time to start from.

The 6 Nintendo systems from 2001 onward do not share a similar trend.

The 2 Xbox systems from 2001 onward do not share a similar trend.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

wii did amazing, but it for the pace it was selling at it should have did much better, if someone said 360 would out sell wii in the US, the first 2-3 years, you would have been called insane, or worse. anyway i'm not trying to go back multiple gens, but the last few  successful  nintedo consoles, wii, and 3ds, lost momentum faster then any consoles in history for the pace they were sellin at.

I went back to when Xbox came on the market, a pretty logical time to start from.

point remains there has never been consoles that start as strong as nintendo, and end up with such a low LTD in the US, so it's not based off nothing. i'm not sure why you are comparing it to xbox when it should compared to playstation, because xbox only has 3 consoles, and only 2 are successful, and one still selling so we don't know what the ltd will be.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

point remains there has never been consoles that start as strong as nintendo, and end up with such a low LTD in the US, so it's not based off nothing. i'm not sure why you are comparing it to xbox when it should compared to playstation, because xbox only has 3 consoles, and only 2 are successful, and one still selling so we don't know what the ltd will be.

You both make good points but you need to ease up a little. He's comparing it to Xbox because that's what the thread is about. Switch vs Xbox .

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
quickrick said:

You both make good points but you need to ease up a little. He's comparing it to Xbox because that's what the thread is about. Switch vs Xbox .

xbox only has 2 succesful consoles, and no nintendo console has ever sold like 360. where it started off so slow, and sold for so long.

it will without a doubt, it's already beasting month after month without Nintendo barely lifting a finger

quickrick said:
SWORDF1SH said:

xbox only has 2 succesful consoles, and no nintendo console has ever sold like 360. where it started off so slow, and sold for so long.

I think Sony has been the most consistent with trends while Nintendo has been up and down and Xbox 2 gens were very different. It's very hard to use past trends to predict this gen. I'd go as far as saying that only Sony's past console sale trends is reliable to go by to predict PS4 sales.

MinatozakiSana said:
it will without a doubt, it's already beasting month after month without Nintendo barely lifting a finger

I wouldn't say Nintendo hasn't lifted a finger. They're working hard to get out their IPs to help shift consoles .

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Why in the world would i compare to Nintendo to Playstation in a Nintendo vs Xbox thread? Think before you respond.

Stop deflecting, just address what people say before rambling on about different things. None of your responses to me have addressed what i said.