By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 6th January 2018, Software

LipeJJ said:
I just can't believe Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is selling so well. It might even surpass 20m at this rate.

Assuming that its eventually bundled ($250 MK8D bundle on Black Friday!!!) like almost every Mario Kart is than 20m seems likely.

I think it can pass Mario Kart DS to become the 2nd best selling in franchise history behind Mario Kart Wii.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
LipeJJ said:
I just can't believe Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is selling so well. It might even surpass 20m at this rate.

Assuming that its eventually bundled ($250 MK8D bundle on Black Friday!!!) like almost every Mario Kart is than 20m seems likely.

I think it can pass Mario Kart DS to become the 2nd best selling in franchise history behind Mario Kart Wii.

Yeah, that will be a factor. I think we'll have a better look after Nintendo relases their Q1 figures in late April. If it ships 1m or more, it's an extremely good sign of things to come for it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

zorg1000 said:
LipeJJ said:

MK8DX's legs have been insane thus far 

LipeJJ said:
zorg1000 said:

Yeah, that will be a factor. I think we'll have a better look after Nintendo relases their Q1 figures in late April. If it ships 1m or more, it's an extremely good sign of things to come for it.

Pssh if it ships more than 1m? I think we know it will lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
LipeJJ said:

Pssh if it ships more than 1m? I think we know it will lol

Yeah, I know, but it's still a very good sign. I also want to see how much more than 1m they ship. This will be very interesting.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
zorg1000 said:

The only thing that could slow them down would be MK9 releasing soon but i dont see that happening.

zorg1000 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

The only thing that could slow them down would be MK9 releasing soon but i dont see that happening.

Yeah I was originally thinking holiday 2019, but maybe later at this point considering MK8 is PRINTING money at the moment. 

NintendoPie said:
At this point in time, Galaxy hadn't even reached 4.7 million. Odyssey is on fire.

Makes me wonder just how well a brand new 2D Mario would do on the platform.

Damn FIFA 18 is holding well on Switch. No wonder EA changed their minds.
Also, Splatoon 2 having incredible word of mouth and clearly with this last direct and the release of the expansion this summer, the game won't leave the top 30 this year. Splatoon is going to be a franchise able to move 10+ millions per episode at the second installement, that's CRAZY.

Carl2291 said:
NintendoPie said:
At this point in time, Galaxy hadn't even reached 4.7 million. Odyssey is on fire.

Makes me wonder just how well a brand new 2D Mario would do on the platform.

If its a new and fresh take on the franchise than 20-30 million

If its another rehash of NSMB than 10-15 million