December-Xenoblade Chronicles 2

February-Bayonetta 2

March-Kirby: Star Allies

April-Labo Variety, Labo Robot

May-Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors

June-Mario Tennis Aces, Sushi Striker

July-Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad

Aug-Dec, Smash Bros, Yoshi, Fire Emblem

Its possible we still have 1 or 2 titles for this fall that havent been announced yet but how is 2018 looking to you guys compared to 2017?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Definitely going to be something else, but with Smash pretty well a lock for the Switch holiday release I would be shocked to see Pokemon this year, gonna be the heavy hitter used for next holiday season.

Well I'd put Mario Kart, Zelda and Odyssey above any of the 2018 games, so I prefer 2017's lineup from what we know so far.

Obviously 2017 since it had both BOTW and SMO as far as glorified ports go they are pretty much equal. Assuming SSB Switch is a glorified Wii U port. So if this the final list I would say 2017 >>> 2018. Not bad for a second year on the market though, not great either. Just a solid year in my opinion.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

ninjapirate42 said:
Definitely going to be something else, but with Smash pretty well a lock for the Switch holiday release I would be shocked to see Pokemon this year, gonna be the heavy hitter used for next holiday season.

Alot of people seem to think Smash is going to release in Sept alongside the online subscription, if that happens than that leaves an opening for a big holiday title.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I believe we’ll get Animal Crossing and Pikmin 4 for this year, or AC + something unannounced yet. So, for me, I’d say 2018 is shaping up to be almost as good as 2017, maybe even better. I want Bayonetta, Kirby, DKCTF, Mario Tennis (looks so amazing), Captain Toad, Fire Emblem and Smash. If they announced Pikmin, I’ll get that too. AC is a maybe, depends on how it is.

I only bough 4 2017 games (Zelda BotW, MK8D, Splatoon 2 and Odyssey). So all in all, 2018 has more games for me (7 already).

Btw, it’s still march so things will change.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The first seven months of 2018 are slightly weaker than 2017 imo, but that's just because Breath of the Wild was so mind blowingly good. But other than this one huge game, 2018 is on the same level as 2017 so far.
We'll have to wait and see what August-December bring us, but I'm quite sure the line-up will be at least decent.

The 1st and 2nd party lineup is obviously not as strong as last year's, but there are quite a lot of 3rd parties coming that will fill the gaps. Which is amazing, considering it's usually the other way around.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Flilix said:
The first seven months of 2018 are slightly weaker than 2017 imo, but that's just because Breath of the Wild was so mind blowingly good. But other than this one huge game, 2018 is on the same level as 2017 so far.
We'll have to wait and see what August-December bring us, but I'm quite sure the line-up will be at least decent.

Ya Jan-July 2017 had the bigger hitters (Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon) but i think Jan-July 2018 has the better quantity of small-medium titles which kinda evens it out a bit.

What the definition of 2nd party again? I thought Octopath was 3rd party, is it 2nd party because Nintendo publishes it outside of Japan?

Signature goes here!