By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will sell more God of War or Sea of Thieves ?

Which game will sell better?

God of War 181 85.38%

Sea of Thieves 27 12.74%

Too close to call 4 1.89%

Total:212
Barkley said:
Azzanation said:

You still haven't linked me proof of what you are saying. I linked you a Halo 5 article showcasing the revenue sales. 

In case you forgot.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

How much revenue did UC4/Horizon make? They double Halo 5 sales so it should be easy to find right?

I am waiting.

It doesn't need an article, it's mathematical logic using your own definition of reality as the basis. If you can't be bothered to read the post or are incapable of understanding it we have nothing else to discuss.

You're welcome to try and explain with mathematics how a game that sold ~10m copies could make less than $400m in revenue, including hardware sales.

I've never seen a bigger case of this:

So you cannot link me proof of the profits that these PS games made in revenue? So while I linked you a article showcasing that a game that sold 5m units made $400m in revenue you cannot do the same for a game that sold 8m?

Seems like you cannot prove your words. 

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

It doesn't need an article, it's mathematical logic using your own definition of reality as the basis. If you can't be bothered to read the post or are incapable of understanding it we have nothing else to discuss.

You're welcome to try and explain with mathematics how a game that sold ~10m copies could make less than $400m in revenue, including hardware sales.

I've never seen a bigger case of this:

So you cannot link me proof of the profits that these PS games made in revenue? So while I linked you a article showcasing that a game that sold 5m units made $400m in revenue you cannot do the same for a game that sold 8m?

The proof has already been written, you're just unable to understand it. Not because of your own mental capabilities, you just choose not to.

We're done here, you've embarrassed yourself enough and the thread has been offtopic for long enough.

SpokenTruth said:
Azzanation said:

That was my point, sales revenue, profit what ever we want to call it. Its all a good thing especially $400m.

So the entire PS brand profited $1.1b and Halo 5 alone did $400m revenue? That was probably a poor example.  

Point is a game can sell 2m units and earn less to a game that sold 1m. That's my point. 

If you don't know the difference between revenue and net profit, you probably shouldn't use either in your arguments.

Yeah I know the difference, Profit = Revenue - expense. $400m revenue is massive for a video game and that would equal to a good net profit unless you think Halo 5 cost more than $400m. That would be a laugh. 

Barkley said:
Azzanation said:

The proof has already been written, you're just unable to understand it. Not because of your own mental capabilities, you just choose not to.

We're done here, you've embarrassed yourself enough and the thread has been offtopic for long enough.

So you are unable to link me proof with evidence based statistics, and what I mean by statistics is X amount of dollars for those 8m units UC4 sold. Keep in mind Halo 5 made $400m revenue in its launch week not including the physical and Digital sales of the game years later.

So your only comeback to this is to say I'm am embarrassing myself and you want to change the topic.. hmm

Azzanation said:
SpokenTruth said:

If you don't know the difference between revenue and net profit, you probably shouldn't use either in your arguments.

Yeah I know the difference, Profit = Revenue - expense. $400m revenue is massive for a video game and that would equal to a good net profit unless you think Halo 5 cost more than $400m. That would be a laugh. 

That $400m isn't for Halo 5 but both Halo 5 and Xbox One bundles that were sold with Halo 5 presumably at no added cost over an Xbox One console so that isn't part of what the game itself made. The expenses you speak of are a lot more than you think they are, I'm pretty sure they are several times the $1.1b profit PlayStation made during the quarter. There are network expenses, production costs, retail distribution and marketing that eat up a lot of that revenue and because hardware costs a lot more than a game Halo 5 sales itself would be no where near that $400m mark.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

As I stated in my past few posts $400m from halo includes hardware bundles, so according to you the vast majority of uc4 sales come from bundles, which would put it's revenue at at least $3 billion. WOW!!!

Link me a PS game that made $400m+ revenue?

Half of that $400m number is probably from the included hardware of the bundle costs.
That means total revenue from the game itself, at the time it was reported is probably like ~$200m.

Also Horizon Zero dawn is currently 50$ on amazon, and its total sales are over 7.6m units.
7,600,000 x 50-60$ = 304m - 456m

Without a doubt in my mind, Horizon Zero dawn has generated more revenue than Halo 5 did.

SpokenTruth said:
Azzanation said:

$400 million / $60 = 6.666 million copies.  So any game that so that many units at standard retail had revenue of $400 million.  Not as exclusive or impressive as you are trying to claim.

And Halo 5 certainly had a development budget and marketing budget that pushed well over $200 million. 

So how do you know that these copies are sold at $60 in every store globally when each company sells these copies at there own set prices/discounts

Also do you have a link for that budget of Halo 5 or is that an assumption? Because evidence would be nice to back up your claim. 

Sales is just a number, its how much money that number turns into profit. 

GOWTLOZ said:
Azzanation said:

That $400m isn't for Halo 5 but both Halo 5 and Xbox One bundles that were sold with Halo 5 presumably at no added cost over an Xbox One console so that isn't part of what the game itself made. The expenses you speak of are a lot more than you think they are, I'm pretty sure they are several times the $1.1b profit PlayStation made during the quarter. There are network expenses, production costs, retail distribution and marketing that eat up a lot of that revenue and because hardware costs a lot more than a game Halo 5 sales itself would be no where near that $400m mark.

I agree however that's an assumption you are making. Do we have proof? And why haven't we heard of the revenue gains UC4/Horizon made at launch? If its that high I am sure we would have heard about it. Halo is a massive franchise worth over $5b. Its a lot bigger than what we are comparing it to.

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

Link me a PS game that made $400m+ revenue?

Half of that $400m number is probably from the included hardware of the bundle costs.
That means total revenue from the game itself, at the time it was reported is probably like ~$200m.

Also Horizon Zero dawn is currently 50$ on amazon, and its total sales are over 7.6m units.
7,600,000 x 50-60$ = 304m - 456m

Without a doubt in my mind, Horizon Zero dawn has generated more revenue than Halo 5 did.

So you know how many discounts and free copies were giving away? I am sure most games on Amazon sells for $60, that's not saying much.

Azzanation said:
SpokenTruth said:

$400 million / $60 = 6.666 million copies.  So any game that so that many units at standard retail had revenue of $400 million.  Not as exclusive or impressive as you are trying to claim.

And Halo 5 certainly had a development budget and marketing budget that pushed well over $200 million. 

So how do you know that these copies are sold at $60 in every store globally when each company sells these copies at there own set prices/discounts

Also do you have a link for that budget of Halo 5 or is that an assumption? Because evidence would be nice to back up your claim. 

Why do you even mention profit when you dont know any profit numbers for Halo 5 either?
You only know the revenue number from the 400$ xbox + bundled halo + halo numbers.

The hardware numbers massively inflate that revenue number btw.
Why did MS report it that way? because its "SPIN".

Its PR gimmick to fool people, because its sales wherent as great as older Halo titles did.

Thats why they included hardware costs into the revenue mix of halo5 when they mentioned its revenue.
So they could brag about something not brag worthy.

The irony is that your useing this as a "show me something on PS4 that did better" case, shouldnt be lost on you.

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

Why do you even mention profit when you dont know any profit numbers for Halo 5 either?
You only know the revenue number from the 400$ xbox + bundled halo + halo numbers.

The hardware numbers massively inflate that revenue number btw.
Why did MS report it that way? because its "SPIN".

Its PR gimmick to fool people, because its sales wherent as great as older Halo titles did.

Thats why they included hardware costs into the revenue mix of halo5 when they mentioned its revenue.
So they could brag about something not brag worthy.

The irony is that your useing this as a "show me something on PS4 that did better" case, shouldnt be lost on you.

Strange, MS always tell us the Revenue figures for Mainline Halo games. 

Halo 4 at Launch

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-13-halo-4-makes-USD220m-in-a-day-beating-harry-potter-and-the-avengers-movies

Halo 5 first week

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

This is launch period so how does MS claim such figures and SPIN it for PR purposes when they don't know how well the game has sold yet? Interesting logic there.