By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty Black Ops IIII Announced! Launching October 12th and Reveal on May 17th

konnichiwa said:
RolStoppable said:
Is that supposed to be a 4 in the game's logo?

If that's the case, then the developers aren't exactly the intelligentest people around.

Could be worse when the next FF game is announced.

Seems like a smile to me =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

They actually used IIII lol. So lame.

konnichiwa said:
RolStoppable said:
Is that supposed to be a 4 in the game's logo?

If that's the case, then the developers aren't exactly the intelligentest people around.

Looks like a bar code. Will the next FF have Agent 47 as the main protagonist? He can choose to kill oponents by stealth or by firagas. XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

DonFerrari said:
konnichiwa said:

Seems like a smile to me =p

:) Please be excited =).

Flilix said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Stop deflecting the fact that you thought IIII is not a correct way to write 4.

IIII is not a correct way of writing 4. The fact that more people made this mistake throughout history doesn't make it any less wrong.

OTBWY said:
Flilix said:

IIII is not a correct way of writing 4. The fact that more people made this mistake throughout history doesn't make it any less wrong.

Exactly this. Besides, language and numerals have changed time and time again. IV is the correct one now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they are using hash marks/tallies and not roman numerals.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Flilix said:

OTBWY said:

Exactly this. Besides, language and numerals have changed time and time again. IV is the correct one now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they are using hash marks/tallies and not roman numerals.

Tally marks aren't a thing in typed writing, and certainly not in titles.

You guys are making a fuss about IIII. Ever heard of simple tally marks?

Side note:

"IIII" is an outdated way of writing IV in Roman numerals, but it is still valid, and nothing is wrong if you still use it.
Basic decimal pattern:
I, II, III, IIII, V, VI, VII, VIII, VIIII, X.

Subtractive notation pattern:
I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

You guys are so petty.

edit: it looks like a shield to me.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 08 March 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'm pretty sure the 'IIII' on clocks was done because then you'd have an even number of I's and V's, which was cheaper to produce than an uneven number of those letters for some reason. Or something, don't feel like looking it up but I seem to remember something like that being the reason for IIII instead of IV on clocks.

EDIT: Besides that Rol is right. Early Romans didn't have many rules as to how to write numbers, meaning there were multiple ways to write them. So they could use IIII instead of IV to avoid the connection to the name Ivpiter. That doesn't mean IIII was 'correct', it just wasn't 'incorrect', until later when more rules were set.

Also, the tally mark theory will only be proven right if they name BO5, 'IIII'.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 08 March 2018

It's interesting that some are actually complaining about the "IIII" in the title, also for some reason there are people downplaying Fornite in the comment section in that trailer

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
It's interesting that some are actually complaining about the "IIII" in the title, also for some reason there are people downplaying Fornite in the comment section in that trailer

Around late January/ early February most people got burnt out of CoD WW2 and a large portion of the CoD community has moveed on to Fortnite and people are saying Bo4 will probably get them to stop playing Fortnite for a while.