By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty Black Ops IIII Announced! Launching October 12th and Reveal on May 17th

Nautilus said:
The Division 2 has also been announced.The industry could find better days to announce this stuff instead of just crumbling everything in one day?

Yeah is there any reason as to why today seems to be a big day full of new announcements? Black Ops 4, The Division 2, a new Nintendo Direct that could have any surprise new announcement in it really. All on the same day.

I personally don't mind, it feels sort of E3-ish with all this new info being announced at once lol but it's just random to see on this day. 

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
Nautilus said:
The Division 2 has also been announced.The industry could find better days to announce this stuff instead of just crumbling everything in one day?

Yeah is there any reason as to why today seems to be a big day full of new announcements? Black Ops 4, The Division 2, a new Nintendo Direct that could have any surprise new announcement in it really. All on the same day. 

Well, maybe they know that a Nintendo Direct is keeping many gamers and journalists glued to their PCs to hear any rumours and news as soon as they come out, so they just take advantage of that attention.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

RolStoppable said:
Is that supposed to be a 4 in the game's logo?

If that's the case, then the developers aren't exactly the intelligentest people around.

IIII was originally used but later IV was adapted. Alsolots of clocks use IV and IIII were in some Roman documents.

No word or clue for who’s getting the marketing rights?

jason1637 said:
RolStoppable said:

If that's the case, then the developers aren't exactly the intelligentest people around.

IIII was originally used but later IV was adapted. Alsolots of clocks use IV and IIII were in some Roman documents.

Plenty of records with IIII

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Not sure why some people are so hung up on them using IIII instead of IV, lol. As you can clearly tell, the stylized IIII logo they designed looks better than any possible IV logo they could have come up with. IIII is used for doing tally marks and was used alternatively in place of IV by the romans. 

That name is stupid if you ask me. Also, I'm not holding my breath for a Switch port.

To everyone else who enjoys these games: have fun!

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

poklane said:

RolStoppable said:

IIII was used by the Romans as well

Added the teaser to the OP. Love the flashbacks to Bo1 and Bo2. There is a rumor going around it takes place in 2020 so that would be intresting to have the old cast back and with boots on the ground.

shikamaru317 said:

Not sure why some people are so hung up on them using IIII instead of IV, lol. As you can clearly tell, the stylized IIII logo they designed looks better than any possible IV logo they could have come up with. IIII is used for doing tally marks and was used alternatively in place of IV by the romans. 

The correct usage for a verb in the highlighted instance is "of".

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Sweet! BO3 was extremely fun so I'm looking forward to this! Can't wait to see what new things they'll add in the zombie mode this time.