By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - State of Decay 2: 25 Minutes of 4-Player Co-op Multiplayer

JRPGfan said:
Libara said:

It's just so he can bring up the PS4 *Days Gone in an Xbox *State of Decay 2 thread.

2 platform exclusive zombie games releaseing near one another,.... it makes sense to compair them.

We don't even have a release date for Days Gone yet, do we? Anyway this gameplay was purposely 'limited' to specifically show the co-op gameplay, as they themselves said in the video they would be dedicating videos at a later date around the survival aspects of State of Decay 2 which are deeper than the first (As it is first and foremost a survival game).

Some of the stuff you listed is in State of Decay 2 and they have yet to really delve into the survival aspects, anyway I don't see any good coming out of comparing the two exclusives, not every Xbox thread has to be compared to Playstation so let's drop this comparison now, It isn't a comparison thread.

Around the Network

Enjoyed first one quite a bit - I kinda gravitate towards such AA diamonds in the rough...well, dimaond would be exaggeration, but it was fairly solid game, if bit too repetitive.

Looking forward to this one, though I'm in same situation as Bristow, I tend to delay moving to new versions of Windows as much as I can.

Ryuu96 said:
JRPGfan said:

2 platform exclusive zombie games releaseing near one another,.... it makes sense to compair them.

We don't even have a release date for Days Gone yet, do we? Anyway this gameplay was purposely 'limited' to specifically show the co-op gameplay, as they themselves said in the video they would be dedicating videos at a later date around the survival aspects of State of Decay 2 which are deeper than the first (As it is first and foremost a survival game).

Some of the stuff you listed is in State of Decay 2 and they have yet to really delve into the survival aspects, anyway I don't see any good coming out of comparing the two exclusives, not every Xbox thread has to be compared to Playstation so let's drop this comparison now, It isn't a comparison thread.

I get what your saying and I agree with you, but you gotta see how is kind of easy to slip into a comparison between those 2 games. Aside from those and metal gear survive, Im unaware of any other zombie survival game. And nobody cares for konami anymore. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

The difference is even the director of Days Gone says it’s not a survival game. It’s a narrative game “about survival”. SoD is a survival game. They both have zombies, but that’s where the similarities end.

This was already day one for me so nothings changed.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

I didn't play the first one but this seems like an an all around better game and much more polished. Plus co-op so I will probably buy.

pokoko said:
Rayban99 said:

Like giving it away for free?

The game looks great.

Maybe.  Or maybe because of the stuff mentioned below, especially the forced upgrades.

In a recent post on their site, the EFF provides a scathing review of Microsoft’s troublesome decisions in relation to Windows 10, including: hitherto unheard-of free upgrades; insistent and entrenched upgrade prompts on Windows 7 and 8; pushing Windows 10 upgrades via Windows Update; categorizing privacy-compromising and advertising-related updates as important for security; user interface tricks that are common to malware; collecting and transmitting large amounts of potentially sensitive data from Windows computers to Microsoft; failing to provide either adequate explanations for — or methods for disabling — various unwanted features; obfuscating their intentions behind claims of improved security and enhanced functionality; and claims that Windows Update is somehow unable to function without privacy-violating functionality enabled.  https://boot13.com/privacy/the-eff-scolds-microsoft-on-its-anti-consumer-tactics/

Get an X, then. Game pass, backwards compatible (some are enhanced even) and the best way to play multi-platforms on console. It also plays 4K Blu-rays, you know.

Edit: Replaced ehanced with enhanced.

Last edited by reviniente - on 11 March 2018

It looks like a decent and fun game with the co-op, but im going to need to see more about Halo and Gears before I get another Xbox to play this. I havent upgraded the PC yet.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 12 March 2018

Its looking good, this game is not about the visuals but the freedom and tactics of zombie surviving. Loved the first one.