By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - State of Decay 2: 25 Minutes of 4-Player Co-op Multiplayer

Bristow9091 said:
Manlytears said:

What's the big deal about buying this from win. Store? I mean, i can undrestand concerns when the game is on win/steam at the same time ( user base on steam is just much bigger),but whats is the problem of buying it on win.store if it becomes a exclusive for win.platform.( only on xbox and win.store)

"for Win7 scrubs such as myself"... that pretty much answers your question lol, seems whenever XBO/PC games are exclusive to the Windows Store they're Win10 exclusive, yet the ones that have released on Steam too can be played on Win7.

I see, makes sense if the game becomes w10 only on w.store.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Kinda weak visuals (and thats on a super high end PC, not a xbox one).
Gameplay looks kinda meh too imo.

Manlytears said:

On Visual, looks weak, the game doesn't look good at all, as expected for AA game, but... the gameplay is interesting. On  Gameplay, this looks good, game looks very fun, i even dare to say it looks way better than SoT, imho.

You mean gameplay wise, and not graphically. I agree, Id rather be playing State of Decay than Sea of Theives.
I still think the game looks low budget, and worse gameplay wise than Days Gone.

Yeah, i'm talking about gameplay. Visuals on SoD are weak indeed, as expected for a AA game. Also, Days Gone is another level, far superior, it' not fair to compare.

Rayban99 said:
pokoko said:

I, for one, will never forget the insult that was GFWL, the anti-consumer tactics of Windows 10, and the dangerous potential of UWP.  I actively distrust Microsoft and would like to limit their control of my gaming experience as much as possible.

Like giving it away for free?

The game looks great.

Maybe.  Or maybe because of the stuff mentioned below, especially the forced upgrades.

In a recent post on their site, the EFF provides a scathing review of Microsoft’s troublesome decisions in relation to Windows 10, including: hitherto unheard-of free upgrades; insistent and entrenched upgrade prompts on Windows 7 and 8; pushing Windows 10 upgrades via Windows Update; categorizing privacy-compromising and advertising-related updates as important for security; user interface tricks that are common to malware; collecting and transmitting large amounts of potentially sensitive data from Windows computers to Microsoft; failing to provide either adequate explanations for — or methods for disabling — various unwanted features; obfuscating their intentions behind claims of improved security and enhanced functionality; and claims that Windows Update is somehow unable to function without privacy-violating functionality enabled.  https://boot13.com/privacy/the-eff-scolds-microsoft-on-its-anti-consumer-tactics/

jason1637 said:
JRPGfan said:

Kinda weak visuals (and thats on a super high end PC, not a xbox one).
Gameplay looks kinda meh too imo.

You mean gameplay wise, and not graphically. I agree, Id rather be playing State of Decay than Sea of Theives.
I still think the game looks low budget, and worse gameplay wise than Days Gone.

How does it look worse game play than Days Gone? Days Gone looks like a story base horde zombie game. State of Decay 2 is a base building zombie RPG game. SoD2 has more game play mechanics than Days Gone and the co-op looks good. Days Gone looks fun too but I'd rather play SoD2.

OP- Loved the first game and this looks like a huge improvement so I'll definitely get it day one.

Dynamic events (random & effected by certain things like weather/time of day)

Day, night, rain, snow, fog = Not just cosmetic
it effect how you can deal with situations, it changes how you bike handles ect.
It even effects the creatures, how they act and how strong they are.

stealth combat / traps (also effected by weather) , enviorment usage (chockpoints vs swarms, run and gun, and manuvering to stay ahead of the swarm), all these differnt approaches to problem solveing,  Sound to lure monsters (while your lurking around),  crafting, Molatov cocktails, Useing a swarm of undead to take out other enemies (by lureing a swarm to your enemy), the A.I is much more complex even stuff like campfires effect how A.I people act.

watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ceBapkQrc

You cant tell me the gameplay doesnt look vastly more varied and impressive than this Co-OP multiplayer demo of State of Decay 2.

Where mostly they just run up and mash zombies heads in with a shovel or get a shot or two off with a gun to end a zombie.

Libara said:
jason1637 said:

How does it look worse game play than Days Gone? Days Gone looks like a story base horde zombie game. State of Decay 2 is a base building zombie RPG game. SoD2 has more game play mechanics than Days Gone and the co-op looks good. Days Gone looks fun too but I'd rather play SoD2.

OP- Loved the first game and this looks like a huge improvement so I'll definitely get it day one.

It's just so he can bring up the PS4 *Days Gone in an Xbox *State of Decay 2 thread.

2 platform exclusive zombie games releaseing near one another,.... it makes sense to compair them.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

Dynamic events (random & effected by certain things like weather/time of day)

Day, night, rain, snow, fog = Not just cosmetic
it effect how you can deal with situations, it changes how you bike handles ect.
It even effects the creatures, how they act and how strong they are.

stealth combat / traps (also effected by weather) , enviorment usage (chockpoints vs swarms, run and gun, and manuvering to stay ahead of the swarm), all these differnt approaches to problem solveing,  Sound to lure monsters (while your lurking around),  crafting, Molatov cocktails, Useing a swarm of undead to take out other enemies (by lureing a swarm to your enemy), the A.I is much more complex even stuff like campfires effect how A.I people act.

watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ceBapkQrc

You cant tell me the gameplay doesnt look vastly more varied and impressive than this Co-OP multiplayer demo of State of Decay 2.

Where mostly they just run up and mash zombies heads in with a shovel or get a shot or two off with a gun to end a zombie.

I've seen that Days Gone video before and the game looks good gameplay wise but SoD2 has more to offer when it comes to gameplay.

Game also has a day and night cycle that affects how zombies will act and the devs have hinted at a weather system.

There is also a stealth element of SoD2

Character progression and similar to the first game there will be different characters with different stats that you have to manage.

Base building which is a big part of the SoD ip that wasn't shown in the video.

How you manage and obtain resources.

4 player Co-op

3 different worlds. All of them are large open world's that are all bigger than the first games 1 open world map.

The IGN gameplay only showed a little bit of what the game has to offer. In a way it's similar to the days Gone gameplay we have see. In both gameplay all that's happening in killing and shooting zombies.

Enjoyed first one quite a bit - I kinda gravitate towards such AA diamonds in the rough...well, dimaond would be exaggeration, but it was fairly solid game, if bit too repetitive.

Looking forward to this one, though I'm in same situation as Bristow, I tend to delay moving to new versions of Windows as much as I can.

Ryuu96 said:
JRPGfan said:

2 platform exclusive zombie games releaseing near one another,.... it makes sense to compair them.

We don't even have a release date for Days Gone yet, do we? Anyway this gameplay was purposely 'limited' to specifically show the co-op gameplay, as they themselves said in the video they would be dedicating videos at a later date around the survival aspects of State of Decay 2 which are deeper than the first (As it is first and foremost a survival game).

Some of the stuff you listed is in State of Decay 2 and they have yet to really delve into the survival aspects, anyway I don't see any good coming out of comparing the two exclusives, not every Xbox thread has to be compared to Playstation so let's drop this comparison now, It isn't a comparison thread.

I get what your saying and I agree with you, but you gotta see how is kind of easy to slip into a comparison between those 2 games. Aside from those and metal gear survive, Im unaware of any other zombie survival game. And nobody cares for konami anymore. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

The difference is even the director of Days Gone says it’s not a survival game. It’s a narrative game “about survival”. SoD is a survival game. They both have zombies, but that’s where the similarities end.

This was already day one for me so nothings changed.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo