By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii/PS3/360: Which one has the nicest design?

Wii

White. Small. Shiny. Sleek. Compact. Box.

PS3

Black. Large. Shiny. Compact. Oval.

White. Medium. Compact. Tower. Inward-curve.

Which one do you think looks the nicest?

I personally think the PS3 looks the nicest, followed by the Wii, and then the 360. At the end, I think they all look very nice. What about you?

Around the Network

PS3 = design abomination xbox = nice Wii = very nice

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Why do people not like that PS3's design? I'm looking at my PS3 right now, and I think it looks really, really nice.

I agree with a.l.e.x59 on this one.

PS3 to me definitely has the best overall design, albeit a bit large.

The Wii looks good. Definitely has a clean and smooth look, which is nice.

The 360...eh.. I don't really see why people like this system's design. Isn't bad per say, but not something I'd show off either.

Around the Network

Wii wins hands down. Not just the main unit. Look at the Wiimote, the Classic Controller. Best console design ever.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I like both the PS3 and Wii but the 360 looks like a glorified DVD player or a cable box or something, it looks awful...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

IMO, they all look pretty cool vertical and pretty lame horizontal. Especially the Wii.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Wii-Nice. PS3-Grill 360-Dell CPU

I don't understand how just because a PS3 looks like a grill, means it looks ugly. Just because something looks like something else, doesn't necessarily make it look ugly. I mean, grills don't look ugly, do they? And besides that, if the PS3 didn't have that oval shape to it, nobody would ever think that it looked like a grill. In fact, I don't think the PS3, even with its oval shape, looks anything like a grill.

Never thought, or even heard of an Xbox 360 looking like a Dell CPU before. Is a Dell CPU ugly, because it looks like an Xbox 360, or an Xbox 360 ugly, because it looks like a Dell CPU? Is a Dell CPU even ugly?

I guess the Wii doesn't look like anything else. Well, actually, it does. It looks like a stand-alone DVD player, when placed horizontally. Uh-oh, I guess the Wii is ugly now, because it looks like something else.

You should look at a console for what it is, not for what it looks like. I think all the consoles have a unique look to them. I mean, they all could look a lot uglier than they are right now, and they could all look a lot nicer than they are right now. But overall, I think they all look pretty nice.