By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii/PS3/360: Which one has the nicest design?

360 is decent, case scratches crazy easy though. Ps3 is shiny, but a tad bit large. Wii is cool. Funny how it's almost too small. They add a hollow plastic stand to make it bigger/more stable, lol.

Around the Network

Xbox 360's case scratches too? Wow, I thought it was the only one without the scratch problem, because it doesn't have that glossy finish. I'm sure it doesn't scratch nearly as easily as the Wii, or PS3.

Wii looks the best, the design is simple, slim and compact. PS3 looks quite okie. I like the shinny surface but the current one really need to lose some fat as it's too round. I think a PS3-lite can look very nice xbox360 looks nice when stand up. But looks strange horizontally. But unlike ps3 and xbox360, Wii has the advantage because it can be a lot smaller and doesn't need to worry too much about cooling.

ps3 to wii is like psp to ds lite. one is huge and sleek, the other is compact. i prefer the compactness.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
The thing I don't like about the PS3 is that functionally the design is an ineffcient use of space. Not everyone has a lot of space, especially people in Japan where many people live in very small flats. It just seems so un-Sony like to make a design guffaw like that.

Wow, wow, wow... The PS3 isn't that big. Come on... There is a 0% chance that a PS3 could accumpulate too much space.

Not everyone agrees. Space is at a premium in Japan. The average size apartment is quite small.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/05/parappa_creator.html

Parappa Creator: PS3 is "Too Big"

Matsuura NanaOn-Sha's Masaya Matsuura thinks he knows the real reason the PS3 is lagging behind the Wii in Japan; it's not the games, it's not the price, it's the size. According to the Parappa creator, the PS3 is just too darn big, especially when compared with the diminutive Wii.

Speaking to GamesIndustry, Matsuura went on to explain that with the 360, "the problem is not the size of the hardware but of the AC adapter." Well, ok, he does kind of have a point there. That thing is honkingly huge.

Matsuura praised the Wii, but said it presented some unique challenges from a game design perspective:

Wii is a very good piece of hardware. Many talented people from Nintendo make great ideas for game hardware, of course. Already I've been starting to think about Wii software, but it's very hard sometimes. Because can you keep shaking the controller for hours? Players can't spend a long time on gameplay, so this can be tough. So I respect Nintendo's activities, but for software designers like us, it's very hard.

I don't care about design of console at all. My girlfriend finds PS3 acceptable in horizontal position.

The PS3 isn't even have a decent flat top to set stuff on like the PS2. Why can't vendors standardize on case sizes so they can be stacked or something. It's like everyone tries to design their case as if it's the only thing people will want connected to their TV.

Well, you could still stack things on top of your PS3, but it would be pretty awkward.