By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii/PS3/360: Which one has the nicest design?

I'm sure a black Wii will come out one day. Not too sure about the chrome Wii, though. I saw a picture of the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii, all in chrome, and they looked cool at first glance, but if you stared at them longer, they looked kind of dull.

Around the Network

Are we only talking about external design or can we also talk about the quality of the build? I've been perusing some xbox 360 threads lately (notably, the one at SA) and I've noticed that a ton of people have been reporting failures or talking about failures in the 360 threads. This isn't something I've ever really seen in video game threads before, and despite people accusing the PS2 of having quality control issues, it looks like the 360 is on a completely new level. http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25290 Many of the people were also talking about how they were on their second or third or even fourth failure. How can this be? These people have other electronics that don't fail. And why is Microsoft failing to acknowledge that it's their problem and fix the systems for free? In fact, they should be fixing them and providing a voucher of some sort since a system failure is an inconvenience. The 360's failure rate makes it look very pricey compared to the PS3.

I don't know about you, but my PS3 looks expensive, just like my Sony 50" HDTV, they actually match, with gloss black exterior and a silver strip on the face. The touch sensitive buttons are very cool, too. And anything that looks like money is beautiful in my eyes(I'm a banker, what can you do?) The Wii has a streamlined design that works well for it! And the 360 looks like another cheap POS that MS dumped out. (sorry but I f&cking hate MS, worked for them for 3 yrs)

TheBigFatJ said:
Are we only talking about external design or can we also talk about the quality of the build? I've been perusing some xbox 360 threads lately (notably, the one at SA) and I've noticed that a ton of people have been reporting failures or talking about failures in the 360 threads. This isn't something I've ever really seen in video game threads before, and despite people accusing the PS2 of having quality control issues, it looks like the 360 is on a completely new level. http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25290 Many of the people were also talking about how they were on their second or third or even fourth failure. How can this be? These people have other electronics that don't fail. And why is Microsoft failing to acknowledge that it's their problem and fix the systems for free? In fact, they should be fixing them and providing a voucher of some sort since a system failure is an inconvenience. The 360's failure rate makes it look very pricey compared to the PS3.

Um we are talking about extremal design, and why are you trolling?

personally I like the 360 design with the buttons, the wii looks good but their is so much you can take away (the port for the gamecube controllers)  and in the end is kinda small for my liking the PS3 to me looks kinda gimmicky, though this is probably because every time I look at one I expect it to open like a George Formen grill. Just kidding. I like the idea of the faceplates and I wish the wii had something like that so you could decorate it.

1st PS3 Curved, amazing and no AC Brick. 2nd Wii small and compact. 3rd 360 curved and nice in black.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network

the wii of course. the blue light is fucking cool.!

Yeah, but the blue light doesn't stay on. It only flickers once in a while, and that's with all of the Wiis, not just mine.

oh i know that. would be cooler though.

PS3 - I love the design. However, the controller to console weight just seems really unbalanced to me (the controller being feather light, and the console being titanic heavy).

Wii - The iPod of console designs. Small and compact - has that 'girly' feel, yet men don't feel emasculated in having one.

Xbox - Looks like Marilyn Wann sat on a box.

EDIT: I've just read a post about huge 360 failure rates - do these count as 360 sales? Because if it does the 360s struggling numbers just got a lot smaller

If your Xbox 360 fails, send it back for a new one. Done!