By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: Yes, Diablo 3 is coming to Nintendo Switch

irstupid said:
Mixed on this.

I haven't played Diablo 3 since it released. It was a major letdown from diablo 2. I have heard that it improved a great much sicne release and has expansions and such.

So if a release comes out with all expansions included I would look at it. But then at the same time, I have a hard time even considering playing a game like Diablo on a console.

The initial release of D3 was terrible. The game has vastly been improved and is worth a try now. I have to many hours on PC to get this on the Switch. 

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network

Overwatch is the game I that I hope they port. I don´t know about this.

As someone who was obsessed with Diablo II, I still found Diablo III to be pretty darn fun and it's gotten MUCH better with time (it was quite flawed at launch to the point that I initially lost interest). I'd absolutely play that on the Switch... I've really enjoyed playing games I loved on the Switch in handheld mode, so even though I already have it on PC and PS4 I think I'd get it again lol

Ill get it if it comes out, but am starting to get annoyed with the back and forth...

Johnw1104 said:

As someone who was obsessed with Diablo II, I still found Diablo III to be pretty darn fun and it's gotten MUCH better with time (it was quite flawed at launch to the point that I initially lost interest). I'd absolutely play that on the Switch... I've really enjoyed playing games I loved on the Switch in handheld mode, so even though I already have it on PC and PS4 I think I'd get it again lol

does it involve a lot of grinding?

switch has been effective on games that involves a lot of grinding :P 

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
Johnw1104 said:

does it involve a lot of grinding?

switch has been effective on games that involves a lot of grinding :P 

Actually, if I have one complaint it's that it's much too easy now. On release I played the hell out of it to the point that I was at the leading edge of progress among barbarians, and it increasingly became far too difficult. This wasn't particularly a surprise, as melee has always been at a disadvantage in Diablo games as you progress through greater difficulties and encounter enemies with extremely painful AOE buffs upon hitting them... when standing at a distance these can be dodged, but up close you just need to load up on resistance. My main criticism was that the gear and/or class resistance did not remotely keep pace with what was necessary at the time to play the Barbarian class effectively and not be a hindrance that largely has to stand back and watch for long stretches.

I came back to Diablo 3 when the new version with that expansion released on the PS4, though, and found that it was waaaaaaaaaaay too easy. I noticed when I was deep into the Paragon levels and farming those portal things you could make that I still hadn't even gained the in-game achievement for "nearly" dying but surviving to recover. This meant that in all that time maxing out my level and farming I not only had never died but never even got down to under 20% health. That's just absurd as I am definitely no Diablo savant or anything lol

The truth about Diablo, though, is that lots of the appeal actually IS grinding to an extent... what kept people coming back was the combination of challenge with the gambling nature of hoping for something awesome to drop. The only people who will remain interested long-term, then, tend to be those who enjoy that eternal pursuit for better gear and growing increasingly "wealthy" via trades and such. I don't honestly know if this game has some equivalent to SoJ's and WF's from Diablo II which came to essentially serve as a currency, but if they do I might get hooked again lol

give me right nowwww

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I bought it on PC, PS3, and PS4. As enticing as a portable version would be, I just don't know if I can buy a game FOUR times. I know they added one new character since I stopped playing, but they'd need more than that to get me to jump back in.

That said, I hope they do give me incentive to buy it again, as it would be great to play on Switch.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Several months off huh? So we are looking at maybe a 2018 Holiday season than? If we are lucky it might be September. I was hoping to see something like Overwatch but I suppose Diablo 3 is a good start.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

meh bought diablo 3 on 360 and never played more than an hour..felt weird