By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We should have a Retro Gaming forum in the index

As the title says, I believe we should have a separate indexed forum dedicated to all things Retro gaming related. There are a significant minority of gamers who either mainly game on old consoles or do so exclusively. It would be nice to have a place for those people who do so to converse with one another.

Around the Network

How about making an official thread focused on retro gaming? I think that'd be cool...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Indubitably.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Cloudman said:
How about making an official thread focused on retro gaming? I think that'd be cool...

I agree, let's start with a retrogaming thread before going all out. But I would love seeing a retro thread here, as that's basically what I'm doing on PC already (apart from VNs that is) and had a huge VC gamelist on Wii

Sign me up. I mostly play Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2, PS3, N64, anyway. Playing my PS2 as I type this.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Problem is whenever you do something like that no one comes.

Sure, that could happen but is that such a problem? If it doesn't work, no harm... just get rid of it. 

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Cloudman said:

I agree, let's start with a retrogaming thread before going all out. But I would love seeing a retro thread here, as that's basically what I'm doing on PC already (apart from VNs that is) and had a huge VC gamelist on Wii

Yeah, I go a bit of retro gaming myself, so I'd be down for posting a bit there as well, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Sign me up. I mostly play Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2, PS3, N64, anyway. Playing my PS2 as I type this.

This would be my problem with this concept of a forum.

There's not a single retro console on that list.

super_etecoon said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

This would be my problem with this concept of a forum.

There's not a single retro console on that list.

Really? Dreamcast is 20 freakin years old lol. How old does something have to be before it’s retro? N64 is 22 years old. 

I agree :D

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7