By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Game Console Brand EVER ??

Greatest Console Brand EVER !!

XBox is the Greatest. 9 5.42%

I say Nintendo is the best ever. 74 44.58%

Playstation has to be the best. 70 42.17%

Sega takes the top spot. 5 3.01%

Other. 8 4.82%

Total:166
globalisateur said:
Between Nintendo and Playstation, it's hard to make a choice !

10 or 20 years ago I would have said Nintendo, but now I would probably say Playstation.

The new God Of War demo may also help with this at the moment. 

Around the Network

Sort the number of users subscribed in Youtube.

Playstation > Nintendo > XBOX

But i think Nintendo is the best first party developers in gaming history .

Was a really hard choice, but I gave Sony the very slight edge. Very slight. I could have voted either way.

Sony has had fewer failures (first half of PS3 and the Vita), whereas Nintendo has had the gamecube, WiiU, and Virtual Boy, second half of Wii more or less.

PS1 was great, PS2 was better, PS3 ended up better but had a rocky start, and PS4 has been killing it since day one!

Nintendo and still Nintendo. There is no contest. They have and own the best games and IPs in the industry. They are the only brand on the market where they don't need 3rd party support to succeed. They can survive on there own games. Nintendo IPs are also some of the best selling in the industry.
Sorry.. Sony and Xbox have to rely on others to make there platforms appealing. What makes this debate even more funnier is the inclusive of 3rd party non-exclusives games listed in the comparison to favour PlayStation.. Its just more proof they need other games and devs to make there platform look better while Nintendo just uses there own games. That's why Nintendo sits at the top.

Nintendo are leaders, Sony and Xbox are followers.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 22 March 2018

Nintendo by far, Playstation just expanded on what Nintendo helped pioneer.

Around the Network
sabastian said:
Teeqoz said:
As a console brand, Playstation. As an overall gaming brand, Nintendo, solely by virtue of Mario and Pokemon.

Huuum, this is very debatable. Playstation does have allot of well known characters and franchises.

You are kidding yourself if you think any Playstation character/franchise has anywhere close to the brand power of Mario and Pokemon.

I dont think I've ever thought to myself that X company is the best. Each have their pros and cons

If we're going by 1st party games, no doubt Nintendo wins. Hardware wise Id choose Playstation or Xbox

Ka-pi96 said:
BraLoD said:

You have a Microsoft phone? Eww...

You mean you don't have a Microsoft phone? EWWWWW!

I'd still have my lumia 1020 if it had decent app support :/

There is no doubt about it that it is Playstation! It is the best and the most known brand of the big three worldwide.

John2290 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Nintendo by far, Playstation just expanded on what Nintendo helped pioneer.

Well by the logic you should choose Atari...or Arcade machine companies...or IBM... Nothing is ever truly new or unique and the best stuff always comes from those who take something already done and improve it. In this case, playstation have perfected the console space whole nintendo trips and stumbles every second console with no clear goal as the what audience they want or how to retain that userbase across generations.

Sales don't always equal greatness IMO, Nintendo innovates, whether they're always commercial smashes is a different topic...