By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Game Console Brand EVER ??

Greatest Console Brand EVER !!

XBox is the Greatest. 9 5.42%

I say Nintendo is the best ever. 74 44.58%

Playstation has to be the best. 70 42.17%

Sega takes the top spot. 5 3.01%

Other. 8 4.82%

Total:166
Azuren said:
As far as diversity is concerned, PlayStation. Nintendo has some of the best games around, but the vast majority of them can be summarized as "quirky, family-friendly games". Microsoft seems to be more centered around shooters and racers.

Sony has all of those, and some. Diversity award to Sony.

True indeed. 1 of the many reasons I love the Playstation consoles. Very balanced options of games.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
AsGryffynn said:
Alright, let's ask the three things in my lap...

My tablet, controller and phone all seem to agree on one thing... It's this guy...

You have a Microsoft phone? Eww...

I use it to confuse and frustrate Apple fanatics... Also, the sound and camera are still ahead of everything. My Huawei, Google and iPhone X can't come even close to it... 

Nintendo fans say Nintendo.
Playstation fans say Playstation.
Go figure.

okr said:
As expected, Nintendo wins the poll.

Depends on the website, for instance, GS is full of PS fanboys.

Its obviously PlayStation. Its really not even a debate lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

This is tough, because Nintendo is associated almost entirely with video games, Sony has shifted to video games, but still has electronics, and Microsoft's behemoths of Windows and Office make it hard to video games to matter to them. Apple has a massive gaming market on iPhones, but the brand isn't thought of in same way as dedicated or gaming first systems.

I give it to PlayStation due to consistency of calling their systems the same name for four generations. Nintendo is very strong, but I do think it is a challenge in branding when you change names. In the days of Wii dominance I knew many people buying it with no association with Nintendo. If the NES was the Nintendo 1 and we were at the Nintendo 7 now with the Switch I could see the name and company branding being the one most associated with video games.

RJTM1991 said:
pikashoe said:
Why are nioh, nier and Yakuza on the list? They aren't exclusive to Sony.

Yakuza basically is. From the PS2, to the PSP, PS3, PS4, and companion apps and minigames on the Vita.

The series has only been on a non-Sony console once, and it didn't sell well.

Its audience is on Playstation.

This is a pretty valid point.

Teeqoz said:
As a console brand, Playstation. As an overall gaming brand, Nintendo, solely by virtue of Mario and Pokemon.

Huuum, this is very debatable. Playstation does have allot of well known characters and franchises.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

For me I've had the most enjoyment with PlayStation.